2020 Bahrain GP

Thought F1 practice was starting at 10am so turned the TV on (turns out I was wrong, it doesn't start until 11). F2 practice is on so I'm lazily watching that instead. Have to say, I was right about the 18" wheels, they still look bloody awful and don't suit open wheelers at all. Very awkward stance where the 13" with high profile tyres just look "right".

I guess I'll eventually get used to it just like the halo. Incidentally, I still think pre-halo cars were much nicer to look at but I accept the rationale.

[edit]
And it's just started raining. FFS, "the rain in Bahrain falls mainly on the ..., er, desert"!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Im not a big fan of the 18`s either, will be interesting to see just how quick & how much progress they can make with the tyres.....how long it will take to regain time & performance lost by making the switch from the fat rubber.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(27-11-2020, 11:19 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Im not a big fan of the 18`s either, will be interesting to see just how quick & how much progress they can make with the tyres.....how long it will take to regain time & performance lost by making the switch from the fat rubber.

Yeah, it will certainly require a different engineering approach (suspension wise) as the tyre sidewall flex plays a big part in the suspension of a F1 car. Ignoring that, they just look wrong to me.

The "rain" didn't seem like anything proper.

(27-11-2020, 11:28 AM)morini Wrote:  The "rain" didn't seem like anything proper.

Havent tuned in just yet, looking forward to watching live this weekend..........the first in what feels like forever (back in lockdown for the next 2 weeks)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(27-11-2020, 11:46 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Havent tuned in just yet, looking forward to watching live this weekend..........the first in what feels like forever (back in lockdown for the next 2 weeks)

How come you work Sundays then? That's a bit of a shit state of affairs, I must say!

I heard about the NI firebreak lockdown on the news. Just hope these vaccines work as we are all sick of it now. Would like to get to an F1 race next year if possible.

(27-11-2020, 11:50 AM)morini Wrote:  How come you work Sundays then? That's a bit of a shit state of affairs, I must say!

I heard about the NI firebreak lockdown on the news. Just hope these vaccines work as we are all sick of it now. Would like to get to an F1 race next year if possible.

I am still helping out my buddies wife since he passed away......he was fond of a good wind up and I like to think this was his final stitch up.... screwing with my motorsport viewing.

You and me both, hoping to do f1 & MGP in 2021, fingers crossed.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

VB left front like a 50p piece. Locking up left right and centre.

Just switched on, I take it ive missed nowt interesting?

(27-11-2020, 12:18 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Just switched on, I take it ive missed nowt interesting?

Nope. Meaningless session anyway as the race is twilight.

I only watch the FP sessions because 

1. I like watching the cars. It certainly isn't to listen to the tripe spouted by the pundits or to take much notice of "form".
2. I don't have anything better to do!

You have to admire Grosjean`s consistency Wink

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post