2020 Bahrain GP

I know you guys do not like this race track but I have to say I do. The main reason I like it is that there are plenty of opportunities to overtake which is to me one of the most exciting aspects of any form of racing.  We have seen some great dueling on this circuit Rosberg vs Hamilton comes to mind readily.

What I am not looking forward to is the stupid race that follows the weekend after that to me is pure comedy and simply a make weight idea. I can and have embraced the necessary changes in F1 this year but this is one I simply cannot it is ridiculous.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(17-11-2020, 05:30 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I know you guys do not like this race track but I have to say I do. The main reason I like it is that there are plenty of opportunities to overtake which is to me one of the most exciting aspects of any form of racing.  We have seen some great dueling on this circuit Rosberg vs Hamilton comes to mind readily.

What I am not looking forward to is the stupid race that follows the weekend after that to me is pure comedy and simply a make weight idea. I can and have embraced the necessary changes in F1 this year but this is one I simply cannot it is ridiculous.

Its an OK circuit but doesn't always throw up great racing IMO. Vettel is the most successful driver with 4 wins and Hamilton currently has 3 to his name.

Normally I would say it would be odds on on Hamilton matching Vettel's tally, but he has past form for "switching off and losing interest" once over the WDC winning line (2015 being a great example). I have a feeling VB will win the remaining three races and consolidate his second place in this years drivers championship.

You are right about the second race. I think that is going to be like indycar.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Finding it difficult to get excited about these last three. Nothing at stake so no real tension.

Anyone expecting good races?

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 3 users Like The Professor's post

Is this the bast*rised Bahrain loop, or the standard F1 config weekend?

I really enjoy Bahrain, especially since they upped the spectacle to a night race. There always seems to be something "cray" to happen during the race. In the game great track to drive also, b*tch of a track to get a setup right.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(23-11-2020, 10:48 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Is this the bast*rised Bahrain loop, or the standard F1 config weekend?

I really enjoy Bahrain, especially since they upped the spectacle to a night race. There always seems to be something "cray" to happen during the race. In the game great track to drive also, b*tch of a track to get a setup right.

Usual track this weekend, stupid indycar loop the weekend after that. All three (2 Bahrain and last race at Abu) are night races.

Tend to agree with Prof that there's not much incentive in dead rubber races. Hopefully the teams and drivers will feel obliged to put a show on.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(23-11-2020, 11:34 PM)morini Wrote:  Tend to agree with Prof that there's not much incentive in dead rubber races. Hopefully the teams and drivers will feel obliged to put a show on.

This could liven up the last 3 races Morini

https://twitter.com/i/status/1331260159486799873

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

Well the last three races are far from dead, yes as much as the Championships are decided but the middle pack race between Racing Point, McLaren, Renault and unbelievably Ferrari have been great all year long and that is still wide open. I would normally agree with Morini concerning the Hamilton motivation factor but I have a feeling it will still be there for the these last three races he is making history with every race he completes.

Pretty sad that either Perez or Hulkenberg or even both will likely not be with us in F1 next season. I must say I am very disappointed in some of the driver line ups for next season. Haas going to be a 3rd team Ferrari control the seats in. Love Kimi but its time for him to step aside for a younger talent and to me Giovinazzi just does not have what it takes.

We have been lucky in many ways to even have a season, like so many others I will be glad to see the back of 2020. That said I still have a few shoes to fall as they say over here so 2021 may not be much better.
[+] 5 users Like NeilP's post

Robert Kubica will drive for Alfa Romeo in FP1 this weekend ( Kimi`s car)

RBR: We can confirm that during mandatory pre-race testing in the UK, Sporting Director Jonathan Wheatley tested positive for COVID-19. In accordance with official protocols he will continue to isolate for the 10 day period and not attend the Bahrain GP.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

It never rains in the desert, right? 

"Well, after chaotic conditions at the last race in Turkey, F1 ‘packed away’ its wet weather tyres for the season with the three remaining races taking place in the warmer climate of the Middle East.

But it turns out they might have to get them back out again.

Current forecasts for Manama from the Met Office suggest a mix of sun and rain around the region during both Saturday and Sunday afternoons – just as the teams are preparing to head into qualifying and the race.

The later start times for both sessions mean they are likely to miss the showers, but depending on how heavy they are and how much they wash the track clean of rubber, it could again throw a bit of uncertainty into the mix."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYgWvkpjLDk (7s)

Bernd Maylander Drifting the safety car 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post