F1 Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjiXw8hOcs (12m 46s)

First Look At The 2024 Cars | Tech Talk | F1 Pre-Season Testing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Ferrari are pleased with today's running. Said the tyre degradation seems more controlled, and the drivers are happy with handling, also said they have no intention of raising their engine modes until race weekend.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(21-02-2024, 10:07 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Ferrari are pleased with today's running. Said the tyre degradation seems more controlled, and the drivers are happy with handling, also said they have no intention of raising their engine modes until race weekend.

Hope they or *anybody* to be honest can can close to those smug feckers Red Bull, was looking a bit ominous today.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(21-02-2024, 10:48 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:   was looking a bit ominous today.

I didnt get to watch any of it today, just been reading a few bits online, hope to watch/listen in tomorrow if I get a chance.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(21-02-2024, 11:08 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(21-02-2024, 10:48 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:   was looking a bit ominous today.
I didnt get to watch any of it today, just been reading a few bits online, hope to watch/listen in tomorrow if I get a chance.

Gag's insists we watch anything & everything to do with motorsport, there's long periods of not much interesting tbh, 
but every now & then there's a moment I'm glad we watched & learn summit.

Apparently in the "golden hr" (the last hr most comparable to the race weekend) tomorrow they are supposed to do low fuel laps, so hopefully things might become clearer, coz as you know when testing most things are as clear as mud lol.

That said the smug feckers Red Bull look really strong.   Cry

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Well thats the morning session over due to track damage, and just like back home in the UK there is one or two men doing the repair and about 10 standing watching.

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(22-02-2024, 11:01 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Well thats the morning session over due to track damage, and just like back home in the UK there is one or two men doing the repair and about 10 standing watching.

Yeah but on the bright side they haven't put cones out for three miles either side!    Laughing

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Right - so flapping curtailed as Merc looked better with Lewis behind the wheel and showing better as the second fastest on the Medium tyre behind RBR.

Speaking of RBR - signs are ominous. Looks like even Checo can extract performance from that car. Saying that we don't know if Merc or Ferrari or Maclaren or Aston were their quickest today. Suspect Aston's showing was a bit low as their second best driver was in the car this evening.

Anyway - tomorrow may reveal a bit more - but frankly other than RBR looks like they are ready to walk another championship... it looks like Merc are certainly not 12th thankfully.

Ferrari did a bit of a showy lap on a set of softs which put them on the top of the board - but there was no point taking note of that as very few other teams bothered with the soft.
[+] 4 users Like Westie's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYfigDzpFTs (11m 20s)

Secrets Of The Pit Lane | Tech Talk | F1 Pre-Season Testing

ALONSO: 19 DRIVERS ALREADY KNOW THEY WON'T WIN 2024 F1 TITLE    Cry         (MotorSport)