F1 Test

F1 Abu Dhabi post-season test - driver line-up.

Red Bull: TBC and Liam Lawson
Ferrari: Carlos Sainz, Charles Leclerc and Robert Shwartzman
Mercedes: TBC and Frederik Vesti
Alpine: Pierre Gasly and Jack Doohan
McLaren: Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri
Alfa Romeo: Valtteri Bottas and Theo Pourchaire
Aston Martin: Fernando Alonso/Lance Stroll and Felipe Drugovich
Haas: Nico Hulkenberg and Pietro Fittipaldi
AlphaTauri: Yuki Tsunoda and Nyck de Vries
Williams: Alex Albon and Logan Sargeant

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

So it seems Lewis has well and truly had enough of the W13 this year and won't be at the test? Well I suppose I can see why.

https://twitter.com/the_lollipopman/stat...gr%5Etweet
[+] 5 users Like Westie's post

Former world champions Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso will be on track in the next two days after Mercedes and Aston Martin sent their drivers to Jerez for testing.

The exercise is on behalf of tyre manufacturer Pirelli as they look to evaluate and finalise their 2023 compounds.

Hamilton and Alonso will be accompanied by team-mates George Russell and Lance Stroll as they seek to put in over 100 laps each on the Spanish circuit, per Spanish outlet Marca.

The reps on track, which are expected to be in last year's cars, will be valuable for the teams and drivers as much as the tyre manufacturer as Alonso seeks to continue to acclimate to his new team and the Mercedes pairing seek to get up to speed as they look challenge at the front of the grid more often this coming season.

It's a behind-closed-doors test and there will be no official timekeeping, only what is shared between Pirelli and F1.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/motogp-leg...-bull-test

Marc Marquez: I was well supervised that day.

He recalled his 2018 run in a Red Bull Formula 1 car, the Honda-powered 2012 Toro Rosso, and admitted it did not inspire him to swap bikes for cars.

“No. Of course, it was super cool to try an F1 car and it’s true that I was quite fast, but I was well supervised that day,”

“I have to thank Mark Webber and Red Bull for that, as well as Dr. Helmut Marko and Niki Lauda were present at that test.

“It was really a super special day and yes, I did pretty well. I was fast, but it was a closed test on a circuit that I also know well, the Red Bull Ring.

I must have forgotten about this, what a pity it never happened, Marc or Vale would have been epic in F1.     Cool

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

F1 2024 pre-season testing dates and start times.

F1 have revealed that the times on all of the three consecutive days starting from February 21 will see testing begin at 10am in the morning before ending 7pm at night local time.

For those in the UK, this would translate to 7am in the morning before finishing at 4pm.

[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

Sky Sports F1 will showcase every single second of F1 winter testing.

Sky Sports will go live in the UK at 6:50am, providing a 10-minute build-up to the green light. Sky will stay on air until the first four-hour session ends. They will have a five-minute summary of the ongoings before closing the programme at 11:05am for lunch.

F1 testing then resumes at 12pm UK time. Sky Sports will return to the air at 11:55am. The session concludes at 4pm UK time, and Sky Sports leaves five minutes spare for some small analysis. They will go off the air at 4:05pm.

This schedule is repeated for all three test days (Wednesday 21st February, Thursday 22nd February and Friday 23rd February).

Testing Wrap is an additional programme at 8pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. During this, Sky Sports will complete a 30-minute review of the day's action at the Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir. 

At 8:30pm daily, Ted Kravitz will broadcast a fan favourite: Ted's Testing Notebook. Kravitz will use his notebook and summarise how each team performed.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(14-02-2024, 10:22 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  At 8:30pm daily, Ted Kravitz will broadcast a fan favourite: 

The infamous big toe????......might have to sign up again if thats the case  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(14-02-2024, 10:24 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(14-02-2024, 10:22 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  At 8:30pm daily, Ted Kravitz will broadcast a fan favourite: 

The infamous big toe????......might have to sign up again if thats the case  Tongue

Hmm.... yes the "infamous Kravitz mutant toe"    Shutup

Still undecided if this was a wind up from our Scottish friend or a misinformation mission from the dastardly "dinner laddies"
in this era of disinformation we have to stay open minded to all possibility's...

I shall have the bino's out, in this hot weather of Bahrain its possible this mystery will raise its mutant head again  Wink

The teams are free to choose their own tyre allocation.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Update on "Ted's mythical mutant toe"   

Ever since the shite SKY F1 forum days this has been a talking point, our eagle eyed Scottish friend commented on 
"Ted's mutant toe" obviously everyone was mega keen to see said appendage for its comedy value rarity.

The problem was as with most fun things Health & Safety got in the way, Ted was ordered to wear H&S compliant footwear, the sandals were banished, so proving it became next to impossible, as with all Myths it became larger & more important with time, the "mutant toe" that was now impossible to prove grew into the "mythical mutant toe"

Some of us suspected side show Bob our Scottish friend was on another wind up, but the toe had grown into a forum mystery & has been talked about for many many years, with all unable to prove it one way or another it became famous infamous.

Well Gentlemen.... I have a picture!    Bomb

The good news we have a picture, the bad news is with my now famous tech skillz its crap a little ropey.   Shutup

Now hoping someone with Jedi like tech skill's can prove this one way or another? yes Yoda (M) I'm pointing the finger in your direction.

Yoda... "your mission should to choose to accept it" is to solve if "Ted's mythical mutant toe" genuine? 
or has Ian conducted the biggest wind up conspiracy since who killed JFK?

https://youtu.be/ADdOQh0Rneo?t=126

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)