Sky F1

I have no idea who the male & female is doing the comms today, but fair play to Sky they have found people every bit as dull as Croft, not quite as annoying though

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(22-02-2024, 05:08 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I have no idea who the male & female is doing the comms today, but fair play to Sky they have found people every bit as dull as Croft, not quite as annoying though

Agree for the most part, Ant is the only one worth listening to imo, I like his input, did you catch it when he said 
"the thermal efficiency of these cars should be lauded more" 

He the explained that "the F1 cars used to use ten litres of fuel for an out lap, a hot lap, then an in lap, now they use three or four"

Forgot to add we are also Ted geeks  Big Grin

The rest not so much...

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I listened to maybe 10 mins of the Sky numpties this afternoon.... then, for the little sanity I have left had to swap to a Spanish stream

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Made me laugh  Laughing

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Him and Brundle are the two reasons I question why I bother to keep paying for a Sky Sports F1 subscription. They both talk total shite most of the time and it is high time Sky had a shake up of their presentation line ups. Particularly as they have a monopoly on coverage in the UK and their broadcasts are the only way to legally watch here.

I watched a couple of hours of testing on Wednesday. It was both boring and irritating in equal measure, so I've been keeping up with it via web feeds instead.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

I’m certainly questioning my Sky subs this year. It’s a lot of money to pay to watch a forgone conclusion and I’m just hoping some or everyone is sandbagging and come next week we see the fall of the current champion….unfortunately it’s looking like it’s not as close as people are hoping and if the first few races are a masterclass by Lips Versmacken then I think I’ll just resort to watching catch up highlights on C4 and save myself £216 (plus whatever increase Sky apply this year) per annum.

I find I’m less keen to watch when there’s simply no chance of some excitement at the front…. And it can’t just be the first few laps then RBR buggers off and win by 25 plus seconds.
[+] 3 users Like Westie's post

I really struggled listening to the Sky numpties last season, especially Croft and the token bird Naomi therefore binned my sub once the season ended. This year rather than run the risk of launching the remote through the telly one day I will use a Spanish stream for any races I watch......oh, and piss my "savings" down the loo Wink

(23-02-2024, 05:20 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I really struggled listening to the Sky numpties last season, especially Croft and the token bird Naomi therefore binned my sub once the season ended. This year rather than run the risk of launching the remote through the telly one day I will use a Spanish stream for any races I watch......oh, and piss my "savings" down the loo Wink

What's the quality and latency like on Spanish stream? Asking for a friend Laughing 

Could be an option using Radio 5 Sports Xtra for the commentary. I'm not advocating illegal streaming, but fully understand why people do it.

Sky are putting the subs up again and it sure isn't value for money. I do still want to watch F1 live, but I think Sky is ripping everyone off.
[+] 3 users Like black's post

(23-02-2024, 07:04 PM)black Wrote:  What's the quality and latency like on Spanish stream? Asking for a friend Laughing 

I used the streams 2 seasons ago and had zero problems, and all in 1080p, ive found streams claiming 4k but tbh I cant see any difference. 
I vaguely remember Morini saying something about watching via Sky but listening to radio coverage?

Last season I managed to get the f1 channel during "negotiations" (read telling them to stick their services up their arse)....otherwise I wouldve relied on streams.

People in the UK should have more choice. Simple as that.

In Europe it is possible to access the F1 in house, reasonably priced internet streams. You can't do it from the UK unless resorting to VPN's. Even then, billing will be an issue (I looked into it two seasons or so back).

Rip off Britain. Like with everything else, we pay a lot more.
[+] 5 users Like black's post