Sky F1

Max Verstappen is boycotting Sky Sports F1 and its German and Italian affiliates at the Mexico City Grand Prix, GPFans can confirm.

The Dutchman won his maiden world championship under controversial circumstances when then-FIA race director Michael Masi allowed a last-lap shootout with Lewis Hamilton by calling in the safety car a lap early and only allowing a number of lapped cars to be permitted to overtake, using the 'let them race' principle as his reasoning.

The FIA later acknowledged that "human error" was behind the mistake, removing Masi from post and implementing a raft of procedural changes and a tidy-up of F1's regulatory wording.

Speaking on his notebook feature in the United States, where Hamilton was overcome by a Verstappen fightback to be denied his first win of the season, Sky Sports reporter Ted Kravitz said: "[Hamilton] doesn't win a race all year, and then finally comes back at a track where he could win the first race all year, battling the same guy who won the race he was robbed in the previous year, and manages to finish ahead of him.

"What a script and a story that would have been. But that's not the way the script turned out today, was it?"

But the terminology used by Kravitz, specifically the term "robbed" is what GPFans understands to be the straw that broke the camel's back for Verstappen.

Kravitz had also quipped in the US that Verstappen was 'unable to win the title normally' after confusion over the points system at the preceding Japanese Grand Prix.

The now two-time world champion has not addressed Sky interviewers from the UK, Italy or Germany in the media pen in Mexico, although GPFans understands there is a possibility the boycott could be ended post-race.

Truth hurts lol   Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 6 users Like PapaofGags's post

Im not referring to Teds comments on Max here, but personally I have grown to dislike Ted over the last few years (not that I watch skyf1 often now) he is a bumbling fool who, like his Sky co presenters, is unable to remain impartial.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(30-10-2022, 07:14 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Im not referring to Teds comments on Max here, but personally I have grown to dislike Ted over the last few years (not that I watch skyf1 often now) he is a bumbling fool who, like his Sky co presenters, is unable to remain impartial.

I'm not a Ted fan either but I'm glad he has called it for what it was....Max has 2 WDC's that will always be questioned because of circumstances that surround the wins....First title he was gifted the win by Masi, 2nd title the car was developed by spending over the allowed money cap. Max has taken the huff because deep down he knows it's the truth....he's not won a championship yet on a level playing field.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

(30-10-2022, 07:14 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Im not referring to Teds comments on Max here, but personally I have grown to dislike Ted over the last few years (not that I watch skyf1 often now) he is a bumbling fool who, like his Sky co presenters, is unable to remain impartial.

I suspect even a temporary lack of RBR on Sky will be a bonus for most of us.
[+] 5 users Like PaddyB's post

I have no problem with that.......I just think he is a twat Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(30-10-2022, 07:42 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  

I suspect even a temporary lack of RBR on Sky will be a bonus for most of us.

We love Ted & his bumbling ways, one of my favorite's was when he was explaining "something" & he got distracted...

He said "oh look butterfly" tickled me.

Love him or loathe him he has pointed out what millions of us around the World feel.

Best bit Paddy, it says in the papers that Short Spice & the Helmut have joined the boycott & are refusing to talk to SKY Aswell...... 

Hoping Crofty joins in the protest lol     Laughing

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

I used to really enjoy his pit reporting after the race but it has become old and very tired (Bit like me really)

As for bias. I see individuals having different favourites.

It really is time for changes in the team. That said one thing I hate these days is the insertion of women for the sake of equality. I mean I think Natalie Pinkham is okay, just about, but all the other females that have appeared. No, not loving them.

As for Verstappen and RBR self exile, please make it forever I hate your faces all of you. I want more Steiner, more Binotto, Siedl. Mix it up lets have everyone but Horner and Wolff for a season or so I think we have all had enough of those two.

2021 will always go down as a major injustice however you want to paint it in my eyes. Who knows about this year, I will give Verstappen the benefit of the doubt because he has been THAT much better than others
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(30-10-2022, 08:04 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I used to really enjoy his pit reporting after the race but it has become old and very tired (Bit like me really)

As for bias. I see individuals having different favourites.

It really is time for changes in the team. That said one thing I hate these days is the insertion of women for the sake of equality. I mean I think Natalie Pinkham is okay, just about, but all the other females that have appeared. No, not loving them.

As for Verstappen and RBR self exile, please make it forever I hate your faces all of you. I want more Steiner, more Binotto, Siedl. Mix it up lets have everyone but Horner and Wolff for a season or so I think we have all had enough of those two.

2021 will always go down as a major injustice however you want to paint it in my eyes. Who knows about this year, I will give Verstappen the benefit of the doubt because he has been THAT much better than others

if these female presenters can't appear topless on tv then there is no point ..imo...   if we want to see a tit that is clad then we will watch Couldhard or Brundle.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst.../10393104/

Verstappen: Sky F1 boycott in Mexico due to "constant" disrespect.

Max Verstappen says his boycott of Sky's Formula 1 coverage in Mexico was in response to the "constant" disrespect he has faced this year and he is "not tolerating it anymore."

Stamps foot      Tongue

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Well as far as I'm concerned there is no downside here. Whether you like or dislike Ted he's made sure we don't have to put up with short spice sprouting garbage.

As far as I'm concerned this cheating bunch of shits need less air time. Am sick to death of the press and coverage of these events fawning over them when they know it's all bullshit. How can you praise a driver whose basis for winning is off the back of cheating.

Sorry no mercy here and if a remember rightly there are 9 other teams on the grid I'd happly have more insight into.

Red Bullshit indeed!
[+] 3 users Like Westie's post