Sky F1

SKY seem to be very quiet, hoping Red Bull aren't trying to twist their arm over this, I'd be very disappointed if they gave into Horner's bullying. 

Happy Ted just told it as it is, feck em!   Tongue

Edit: just found this, pity I'd hoped it would be perminent Wink

Horner says that’s not “fair or balanced” commentary.

“I think an accusation of championships being robbed is something that we don’t feel is an impartial commentary,” he said. “That is, we don’t feel, in any way fair or balanced.

“Max was very upset about it, and as a team, we support him fully. We were equally upset about it. As a team, we took the decision this weekend, I took the decision that we’ll have a weekend off.”

Red Bull will be back in front of the Sky Sports’ mics at the Brazilian and Abu Dhabi races.

“It was only for this weekend to express our dissatisfaction that allegations were being made there and that TV was becoming more and more sensational,” he continued.

I hope Ted is in Brazil    Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Sorry Paps, couldnt help myself  Tongue

(I am disappointed they didnt include the sandals & periscope big toe though)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(01-11-2022, 01:19 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sorry Paps, couldnt help myself  Tongue

Haha       Laughing

Ahhh, Ted's "mythical big toe" I'd forgotten about that!    

Still unsure if Ian was on a wind up....... kept us busy for months looking for it at the time.......    Tongue

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

F1 rumours: Long-time pundit Johnny Herbert leaves Sky Sports F1.

Former racer turned pundit Johnny Herbert appears to have left Sky Sports following a long working relationship with the British broadcaster.

Herbert took to Instagram with a picture of the channel’s 2022 broadcasting line-up with the caption “Going to miss this team.”

Fellow Sky Sports employee Natalie Pinkham commented underneath “Johnny, love you forever ever.”

The broadcaster has yet to announce who will lead their lineup for 2023 with Simon Lazenby usually on presenting duty and David Croft the lead commentator.

Sky Sports is one the biggest broadcasters of the sport and provides the feed in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Italy as well as the international feed.

They acquired the rights in 2012 and in September 2022, F1 announced a new deal with Sky that would see them retain the rights until 2029.

The broadcaster found themselves the centre of attention in Mexico after Verstappen refused to speak to them following comments made by Ted Kravtiz.

The Dutchman was said to be annoyed at “disrespectful” comments made by Kravitz, referring to a comment the broadcaster made in which he said Verstappen had “robbed” Lewis Hamilton of the 2021 World Championship.

Verstappen ended the embargo at the following race in Brazil.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(25-01-2023, 05:20 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  F1 rumours: Long-time pundit Johnny Herbert leaves Sky Sports F1.

I was never really a fan of Herbert as a driver....even less so a pundit

(I also read somewhere Di resta is out too)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(01-11-2022, 12:12 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(01-11-2022, 01:19 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sorry Paps, couldnt help myself  Tongue

Haha       Laughing

Still unsure if Ian was on a wind up....... kept us busy for months looking for it at the time.......    Tongue

Paps no wind up...and since i brought it up on sky's F1 forum Ted has never worn sandals again..never. I keep a keen eye out on his foot wear and he keeps that mutated horror under cover of trainer now ......fecker is paranoid about it....he he

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

(25-01-2023, 05:57 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(25-01-2023, 05:20 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  F1 rumours: Long-time pundit Johnny Herbert leaves Sky Sports F1.

I was never really a fan of Herbert as a driver....even less so a pundit

(I also read somewhere Di resta is out too)

So how do we get Crofty out?
[+] 2 users Like PaddyB's post

(25-01-2023, 10:50 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  So how do we get Crofty out?

Shoot the tosser ......er, no idea Paddy  Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

[/quote]
Paps no wind up...and since i brought it up on sky's F1 forum Ted has never worn sandals again..never. I keep a keen eye out on his foot wear and he keeps that mutated horror under cover of trainer now ......fecker is paranoid about it....he he
[/quote]
(25-01-2023, 10:55 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(25-01-2023, 10:50 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  So how do we get Crofty out?
Shoot the tosser ......er, no idea Paddy  Big Grin

At the time the first thing Gags did was look out for Ted's "mythical big toe" he especially got excited at hot races hoping to see it, then when he stopped wearing sandles because of *health & safety* reasons he asked "whats health & safety? Mama replied "a pain in the arse" lol  Tongue

Like your first preferred option Forza   Laughing

Long-time voice of F1 David Croft will sit out three races in the 2024 season with broadcaster Harry Benjamin stepping in to replace him on Sky Sports.

Croft, better known by his nickname Crofty, will sit out the Emilia-Romagna, Austrian and Azerbaijan Grand Prix in order to spend more time with his family.

Croft’s replacement will be British commentator Benjamin who has previously worked with Sky for their F1 Juniors segment in the 2023 season.

Benjamin will join long-time co-commentator Martin Brundle in the commentary box at Imola, the Red Bull Ring and Baku.

Speaking to The Independent, Croft said: “It’s more about keeping fresh for the whole season. I’m not getting any younger.

“I’ve given up and sacrificed a lot for my career. I want to give a bit of time back to my family and not be on the other side of the world. I’m getting married this year as well, so I’ve got a wedding to organise!

“But I also want to sit and watch a race at home. I want to enjoy it. Maybe I can learn something by not commentating on a race. I can spot a few things when I’m watching – I want to see what the viewer sees.”

Pity its only 3 races... Shutup