They aint f1 fans

I get what you are saying Forza and you are I hate to say it but you are correct. (Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally). However the analogy of football fans he uses is utterly incorrect. I have been a fan of the same shitty football team (Birmingham City) since I was a young, very young boy. I have never switched to another team. Lots of my (UK) friends are football fans and I do not know any of them who have ever switched either.

Its true new fans to the game tend to support the top teams because lets be honest the attention span of people these days is pretty much zero but even with them I dont see a significant number jumping from team to team. That is no different to any sport F1 included. I do not frequent any other websites or blog on F1 but I ask the question of those of you who do. How many Nicholas Latifi fans have you seen posting lately? How many Marcus Ericsson were there around in F1 when he was. The answer I would bet is/was very very few. People gravitate to success more so than ever. In my day where soccer, cricket, and even rugby is concerned you supported a local team which is why I am a Birmingham City fan, a Moseley fan (Actually more a follower in those days but sadly I admit no longer look out for them. Rugby only interests me on a national level) and I know you will all be excited to hear this a Warwickshire County Cricket fan COYB ( Come On You Bears).

I guess all of us who posted caught the football fan comment and just ran with it because Verstappens fans are like football thugs at least a very large number of them. They are not good for F1 other than the money they bring which is exactly why we now have a Dutch GP and wait for it; because I cannot resist, and YES I AM STILL PISSED OFF. A Dutch WORLD CHAMPION DRIVER***************************************************************************
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post