They aint f1 fans

I said a few weeks ago its hard to know if Lewis or Max has the worst "fans"......Now Fernando has compared them to football fans

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(21-07-2022, 02:50 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I said a few weeks ago its hard to know if Lewis or Max has the worst "fans"......Now Fernando has compared them to football fans

For once Alonso says something accurate. The Dutch travelling contingent are clearly football fans, you've only got to look at the way they conduct themselves in the stands. Yobs, no other description. I've seen Dutch football fans first hand myself while visiting Prague with the wife a decade or so back. There was a football international on the same weekend we were there and the place was full of these loud, aggressive orange shirted idiots. Luckily there was a very heavy police presence, but it genuinely spoilt part of our weekend.

Oh, and my 50p worth, there's no comparison between Max's followers and Lewis fans. There was a small minority of dickheads booing at Max in Silverstone and that was very disappointing and un British. However, the mob culture on display at Austria was on another level entirely. Some of these twats were abusing normal fans who were there for an enjoyable weekend. There are I would imagine some Dutch F1 followers who are decent people, but there is a very large core of cretins who paint an unpleasant picture. I certainly wouldn't want to be sat amongst them at a race.
[+] 4 users Like black's post

I can only speak for those on social media as I havent attended a race weekend in some time, believe me BOTH Lewis and Max tribes are vile.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(21-07-2022, 05:13 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I can only speak for those on social media as I havent attended a race weekend in some time, believe me BOTH Lewis and Max tribes are vile.

Social media is NOT and never will be a representation of real followers of F1 (or real people, for that matter). Those are just keyboard warriors and a large proportion will be kids with absolutely no knowledge of the sport. Twitter, Facebook and all the F1 online outlets who allow "posting opinion" attract the same kind of vitriolic bile. Have you been on Planet F1 ever? The decent people give up after a while and then all you have is a massive flame war.

The difference I am trying to point out is real and tangible. You don't even have to go to a race in person to see it, it is clear from TV coverage that Max has an unpleasant real life mob culture element in his band of followers. It is very ugly.
[+] 4 users Like black's post

(21-07-2022, 05:08 PM)black Wrote:  For once Alonso says something accurate. The Dutch travelling contingent are clearly football fans, you've only got to look at the way they conduct themselves in the stands. Yobs, no other description. 

Quite funny how you automatically assume Fernando is referring to Max fans  Laughing Laughing Laughing

(21-07-2022, 02:50 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I said a few weeks ago its hard to know if Lewis or Max has the worst "fans"......Now Fernando has compared them to football fans

My view, a dickhead is a dickhead whichever country they come from, unfortunately the world is full of them.

Got to be honest when I was at SPA 2015 we/the fans all got on the piss together, had the time of my life, the best weekend I've ever had, spent half the night talking/gibbing out to an equally pissed German & Dutch guy who I only met that night, we all had *our* drivers shirts on & discussed everything from who was best Senna or Schumacher? how the feck did Max overtake around the outside at Blanchimont? as we got more messy we couldn't understand why we had fought two wars! fecking brilliant weekend, these were what I know Formula 1 fans to be.

Would I go back now, sad but I doubt I would after watching football fans behave like dickheads in Austria.

Those that boo from whichever country are fools, what was witnessed in Austria went way beyond stupid.

Fernando is spot on there is a football mentality among *some* fans.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(21-07-2022, 06:06 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Quite funny how you automatically assume Fernando is referring to Max fans  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Why's it quite funny? Genuine question, as I've seen with my own eyes the way Max's fans behave and I don't recall seeing any AMG or Ferrari shirted mobs acting like louts or brandishing flares. Do you think he's referring to anyone else's fans then?

Besides, Fernando isn't the first person to say it. There was even a post on here recently with someone pointing out the Dutch fans were like football hooligans. Can't remember who said it, I might go and look later if I can be arsed.

edited: 
It was Morini in the Austrian race thread on 11th July
https://www.f1banter.co.uk/showthread.ph...8#pid38278

(21-07-2022, 06:57 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Would I go back now, sad but I doubt I would after watching football fans behave like dickheads in Austria.

Fernando is spot on there is a football mentality among *some* fans.

Yeah, I agree mate, a lot of fans are great and there for the sport rather than the trouble. Usually a minority which cause issues at sporting events. However, to me it looked like a very large proportion of the orange shirted baboons were acting like total arseholes.
[+] 3 users Like black's post

(21-07-2022, 06:59 PM)black Wrote:  
(21-07-2022, 06:06 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Quite funny how you automatically assume Fernando is referring to Max fans  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Why's it quite funny? Genuine question, as I've seen with my own eyes the way Max's fans behave and I don't recall seeing any AMG or Ferrari shirted mobs acting like louts or brandishing flares. Do you think he's referring to anyone else's fans then?

Besides, Fernando isn't the first person to say it. There was even a post on here recently with someone pointing out the Dutch fans were like football hooligans. Can't remember who said it, I might go and look later if I can be arsed.

I've seen (on TV) also read some horror stories of fans who were abused & worse in Italy, sad but it seems to happen all over, like I said above "a dickhead is a dickhead whichever country they come from, unfortunately the world is full of them"

I don't do social media but some of the F1 forums are full of people "who hate" its like a shit virus that's infected the world, that's why Morini created this place, aren't we all better off for it.  Wink

Think it might have been me.    Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

I think fans and followers of all teams in all sports have their section of 'haters' and people who disrespect the opposition.

With regards to the Hamilton vs Verstappen fans I would simply say this. I have never in my life seen a sportsman or woman that has had as much vilification and hatred targeted towards him than Lewis Hamilton. Furthermore I have never seen anyone deserve it less then him. He seems a pretty damn decent human being to me. Yes he has some outlandish styles and ways plus he lives a lifestyle that engenders envy and thus hatred.

I agree with Black, a large number of Verstappen fans are thug soccer fans. I will tell you the one incident to me that stands out with his "Army" was the 2018 German GP when Vettel crashed out they were all on their collective feet celebrating like the audience at the Roman coliseum putting their thumbs down. The pure venom could be felt through the TV screen.

Does Hamilton have some thug like fans, yes of course he does. I am absolutely not excusing their behaviour but when they see how badly some people treat him for seemingly no good reason I cannot blame them for going on the offensive.

I root against Verstappen and Red Bull at every opportunity and I have admitted several times I hate them beyond measure but do I wish any bodily harm to them no, not at all (I do not count Christian Horner he is not a human being he is from the planet Tharg!) I respect the teams abilities, I respect Verstappens talent and I am not just paying lip service to the statement!!!

Hate someone all you want, root against them with all your heart and mind but keep it to yourself and certainly do not go full public on it.

(21-07-2022, 06:06 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(21-07-2022, 05:08 PM)black Wrote:  For once Alonso says something accurate. The Dutch travelling contingent are clearly football fans, you've only got to look at the way they conduct themselves in the stands. Yobs, no other description. 

Quite funny how you automatically assume Fernando is referring to Max fans  Laughing Laughing Laughing

There is not a shadow of a doubt who he is referring to.  Hamilton fans may not be to your taste Forza but they do not act and show up like soccer thugs ala the Dutch fans. I really like Leclerc and Sainz as people and drivers and Ferrari are obviously legendary but something tells me going to Monza and wearing a Lewis Hamilton T shirt would not be a wise thing to do. However going to Silverstone wearing Ferrari gear I would think is a very minimal risky thing to do.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

I think you guys need to re read the Alonso post (or go to f*cking specsavers lol)...........he does NOT say anything about football hooligan mentality ........he says "They are just more like a football kind of fan where they follow the results"

Chill your beans guys, Im not having a go at proper fans ffs!