2022 Monaco GP

(26-05-2022, 09:55 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Anyone else find it a little strange not to be watching free practice today?

Yeah, it is different.

Also the late FP's, Gags reckons its so the press stuff gets done to free up the drivers time, 
TBF it must do their nut's in being asked the same questions over & over.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Bernie Ecclestone was arrested late on Wednesday for illegally carrying a gun while boarding a private plane, police have said; he acknowledged owning the gun, but said he was unaware it was in his luggage; the 91-year-old paid bail and was freed to travel to Switzerland.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Wonder if that Muppet his daughter was with ran his mouth?

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

How the f*ck do you guys put up with those incompetent f*ckwits on SkyF1?......Just heard Ted say "Lewis hasnt had a podium yet in 2022" and "this may be the venue for him to get his first podium of the season".......yes, the coverage I watch may involve a lot of talk about Alonso but at least the lazy Spanish pricks know who finished where in the races.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(26-05-2022, 04:04 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  How the f*ck do you guys put up with those incompetent f*ckwits on SkyF1?

With great difficulty.

I yearn for the days of Murray Walker and James Hunt. Yes, Murray dropped many a bollock, but at least he was entertaining and likeable.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/for...2022-05-29

Oh yes please!   Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(26-05-2022, 02:07 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Bernie Ecclestone was arrested late on Wednesday for illegally carrying a gun while boarding a private plane, police have said; he acknowledged owning the gun, but said he was unaware it was in his luggage; the 91-year-old paid bail and was freed to travel to Switzerland.

Expect you all remember Bernie walking into the German high court when he handed over £60 Million saying I am an innocent man. 
(large pockets & bigger balls)

Why pay bail?

Bernie Ecclestone says he “never arrested” in Brazil over a gun found in his luggage, but did have to pay bail before he was allowed to leave.

The former F1 supremo made headlines earlier this week when he was stopped while trying to board a flight for Switzerland when a gun was found in his luggage.

The unregistered LW Seecamp .32 firearm showed up on the X-ray screens before his flight, prompting the police to get involved.

The 91-year-old laughed off the drama.

“I haven’t had any publicity lately and I thought I ought to do something to get some,” he joked to Reuters.

The former Formula One tycoon was detained at Viracopos International Airport in Brazil on Wednesday after an undocumented LW Seecamp .32 pistol was found in his bags.

Ecclestone, 91, has now claimed that the small revolver was packed in error, as he had been carrying it around his house and jumping out on people holding it.

He also denied that he was arrested although he was questioned for several hours before paying bail and being permitted to leave.

“I was never arrested,” Ecclestone said.

Bernie love him or hate him he is a character isn't he. Wink

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Just watched FP1.

Err....., Mercedes bouncing all over the place. Di Resta saying it's "bouncing" not "porpoising". Sorry lads, can someone tell me WTF the difference is between bounding and porpoising.
[+] 3 users Like black's post

(27-05-2022, 02:19 PM)black Wrote:  Just watched FP1.

Err....., Mercedes bouncing all over the place. Di Resta saying it's "bouncing" not "porpoising". Sorry lads, can someone tell me WTF the difference is between bounding and porpoising.

The porpoising is due to the aerodynamics of the floor. The bouncing is due to the suspension set up. They tried changing some of it in Hamilton's car just towards the end of P1

I will be in Chat for P2 if anyone is around
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Some P2 chat for you guys....

NeilP: So P2 have Merc fixed their issues
(11:00:27) NeilP: Now I know what my Ferrari shirt has not arrived my chest logo is being used as a flag in the crowd today.
(11:09:52) NeilP: Brundle is at the swimming pool and is absolutely horrified even as a past F1 driver at how the Mercedes looks as it takes a kerb rising up and crashing back down into the circuit.
(11:10:13) NeilP: Tsunoda saying he can hardly see his car is bouncing so much.
(11:13:35) NeilP: Vettel missing the wall by a coat of paint...phew that was close
(11:14:55) NeilP: Still looking like a Red Bull vs Ferrari race to me.
(11:15:40) NeilP: Ricciardo into the wall Section has been Red Flagged. He is okay
(11:16:13) NeilP: I hate that the session is stopped but the clock is running. Absolutely bloody ridiculous
(11:16:36) NeilP: How is that fair on the fans who have paid a lot of money to be here
(11:17:08) NeilP: Mclaren engineer asking about the car is okay and not the driver...whoops!!!!
(11:22:49) NeilP: Same corner Brundle was at earlier being horrified at the Mercedes well the same issue hit the McLaren
(11:31:06) NeilP: The cars getting in each others way is a joke here. It will have major part to play come qualifying
(11:33:14) NeilP: LeClerc looking VERY fast
(11:40:49) NeilP: Norris and Russell both having to box as they have both glanced the wall
(11:41:52) NeilP: Perez also has lost his wing mirror somewhere on the track
(11:48:45) NeilP: Mercedes chastised for the FIA sticker on their care being too small. So they increased the size of it and stuck it pretty much under the nose. Both funny and yet a little pathetic
(11:49:20) NeilP: McLaren fastest in speed trap
(11:50:38) NeilP: Horner on the pit wall for the Third time this season...why.. there are 10 teams in the race its race 7 and that is nearly 50%. Ridiculous
(11:57:11) NeilP: All on the longer runs. I give Ferrari an edge over Red Bull. As previous this season Russell ahead of Hamilton but this time by nearly a whole second. My boy not loving the car. Barring unusual events I think the top four spots will be Red Bull and Ferrari.
(11:57:58) NeilP: Russell saying his car is down on power, not on a specific lap but in the setup of the car. Mercedes really struggling to find a set up today. This was never going to be a good race for them anyway.
(11:59:24) NeilP: Gasly would be pick for a shock high finish but I may have screwed him up as I put him in my Dream Team
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post