2022 Monaco GP

Charles Leclerc crashes Niki Lauda's iconic Ferrari at Monaco.

Formula 1 Drivers’ Championship leader Charles Leclerc has not had luck on his side as of late and things got even worse when he crashed one of the most iconic Ferrari’s in the sport’s history today.

Leclerc was amidst numerous other drivers for the 13th Grand Prix de Monaco Historique, which had approximately 200 cars running across the weekend in celebration of cars throughout the years.

Drivers, past and present, took to the famous Monaco track to showcase the cars with Leclerc having the honour of racing around in a 1974 Ferrari F1 car made famous by the late, great Niki Lauda.

Whilst racing around the iconic Monaco track, the 24-year-old seemed to lose the rear end of the car as he headed into La Rascasse, skidding backwards into the barriers and causing damage to the rear end of the car.

Leclerc momentarily stayed still in the cockpit before beginning a slow exit from the accident, eventually pulling up onto the main straight with smoke bellowing from the rear end.

A pair of marshals joined Leclerc for a brake inspection once he left the vehicle and Leclerc later said: “I lost the brakes. I lost the brakes! I braked, the pedal was hard, and it went to the floor. I was lucky to have it at that moment, because if I had had it at another place, it was no good … the problem is that I got scared. I arrived normally in the corner.”

Luckily, the only injury he seems to have sustained is a bruised ego and he later made fun of his misfortune on Twitter.

He said: “When you thought you already had all the bad luck of the world in Monaco, and you lose the brakes into rascasse with one of the most iconic historical Ferrari Formula 1 cars.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

.. and here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN-3hXcWg1E
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(15-05-2022, 03:04 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Charles Leclerc crashes Niki Lauda's iconic Ferrari at Monaco.

And look who was last seen around that car, just saying  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-05-2022, 11:14 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(15-05-2022, 03:04 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Charles Leclerc crashes Niki Lauda's iconic Ferrari at Monaco.

Hahaha  Laughing

Got to feel for Charles, a broken brake disc ffs....    Cry

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(17-05-2022, 02:56 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(17-05-2022, 11:14 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(15-05-2022, 03:04 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Charles Leclerc crashes Niki Lauda's iconic Ferrari at Monaco.Now if only we can make that happen at Red Bull

Hahaha  Laughing

Got to feel for Charles, a broken brake disc ffs....    Cry

Now if only we can make it happen to Red Bull
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Like they can predict the weather five days in advance  Rolleyes Useless buggers don't really know what it's going to do tomorrow!

Rain would be great, but they can't accurately forecast it this far out.
[+] 1 user Likes black's post

Perhaps not, but we can all live in hope!

(25-05-2022, 01:23 PM)black Wrote:  Rain would be great, but they can't accurately forecast it this far out.
(25-05-2022, 04:26 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Perhaps not, but we can all live in hope!

(8) Blue Pearl Naked In The Rain HD - YouTube    (3m 54s)

Well I'll be doing the rain dance!!!!   Laughing

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Anyone else find it a little strange not to be watching free practice today?