Legalities and Rule Changes

(14-07-2022, 03:47 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I hope the door blew him up on the way out.

We should all chip in a few bob & get "the dinner ladies" to sort him out.     Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

The FIA is facing a rebellion from at least six F1 teams over floor changes that are set to be introduced for 2023 to help combat porpoising, Autosport has learned.

It is understood that a core team of six– believed to include Ferrari, Red Bull, AlphaTauri, Alfa Romeo, Haas & Williams – are ready to challenge the changes amid questions about whether or not the FIA’s claims it is a safety matter are legitimate.
Sources with good knowledge of the situation have suggested that there is even support from eight teams – which would be enough for a super majority.
It is suggested that teams could accept more minor tweaks – such as the floor edge being raised by around 10mm – as that would not require such a fundamental rethink of car designs at this late stage.
A number of teams are especially fearful that the scope of the floor changes being introduced by the FIA are playing into rival Mercedes’ hands – and the tweaks both this season and for 2023 are being framed in such a way that they could benefit them..

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

The six teams are no shock are they. It just confirms who has been flexing the rule book.

Like I have said in another post I have some sympathy with the teams that do not NEED to change.

The idea that the FIA are favouring Mercedes is totally laughable. The Red Hot team in town and the current FIA favourites are clearly Verstappen and Red Bull. When Mercedes were informed they could not use their dual axis steering system beyond the end of the current season I thought that was fair the same should apply here methinks.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Despite their protestations, the teams are ultimately powerless if the issue is deemed one of safety as the FIA has the ability to apply new rules without the teams’ consent in that case.

Read this online.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(22-07-2022, 06:05 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Despite their protestations, the teams are ultimately powerless if the issue is deemed one of safety as the FIA has the ability to apply new rules without the teams’ consent in that case.

The cars are not bouncing as much in recent races (although that may be track specific) and drivers not complaining as much now....publicly anyway......it will be hard to enforce new rules without providing evidence of safety concerns imo.....either way one side or other will be throwing the toys out of the pram

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(22-07-2022, 06:56 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(22-07-2022, 06:05 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Despite their protestations, the teams are ultimately powerless if the issue is deemed one of safety as the FIA has the ability to apply new rules without the teams’ consent in that case.

The cars are not bouncing as much in recent races (although that may be track specific) and drivers not complaining as much now....publicly anyway......

it will be hard to enforce new rules without providing evidence of safety concerns imo.....either way one side or other will be throwing the toys out of the pram

Looked to me like the McLarens had inherited the Mercedes space hopper gene, surprised me as its so smooth.

Spot on Short spice & the Terminator are both spouting off lol.    Laughing

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Binotto: "There is no reason to classify it as a safety problem. Most teams have the bouncing under control. Fixed limits will be set for the race in Spa anyway. If the cars comply with the spec, they should also be safe..And if there is no safety argument, the normal voting process must be followed when changing the rules."

Binotto also said that the new floor rules would be protested if they were pushed through so easily with the safety argument. 

The FIA does not have to prove that it is a safety issue. However, in a civil court, it could be proved that safety is not at risk in this case.

AMuS expects a compromise that will reduce the bouncing issues but will also not lead to the 2023 car being completely changed. But time is running out. The new floor rules are on the agenda for a fax voting by the FIA World Council on 2 August.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Binotto obviously very worried. Good stuff!

The lady doth protest too much, methinks
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(22-07-2022, 08:40 PM)morini Wrote:  Binotto obviously very worried. Good stuff!

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Is it too early to bring back #italiancheatingbastards ???  Tongue

[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

(22-07-2022, 08:54 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Is it too early to bring back #italiancheatingbastards ???  Tongue

[+] 5 users Like morini's post