2021 Abu Dhabi GP

(12-12-2021, 03:58 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Mor ...Lewis was cheated out of that win....Masi should hang his head .....really bad for F1.

I agree, but we've all just got to suck it up.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(12-12-2021, 03:59 PM)NeilP Wrote:  That said it says in the Book Max Verstappen World Champion and nothing is going to change that.

Yeah. Unfortunately true.

The officialdom wanted a new winner and they got it one way or another.

[edit]
Lewis took it with a champions grace I thought. Must have felt like he was robbed.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(12-12-2021, 03:58 PM)pennywise Wrote:  
(12-12-2021, 03:55 PM)morini Wrote:  That is such a hard way to lose an 8th title. Had it in the bag the whole race.

Can't begrudge Max Verstappen as he drove well all season to be in the fight at the end.

That's 3 WDC's Lewis has lost by fine margins.

I am gutted, I won't lie.
Mor ...Lewis was cheated out of that win....Masi should hang his head .....really bad for F1.

Again for balance, there wasn't anything Max did today that was against the rules as far as I can see. The decision was made by the race director.

Things that need to change:

1. A competent race director 
2. No changes unless for safety reasons and the with identical parts or tyres under red flags.
3. Rules for what happens during and at the end of safety cars need to be clearer.
4. Team bosses should not be able to bother the race director live to influence race decisions.
[+] 2 users Like PaddyB's post

Why are Sky saying it was a fitting end to the season????? Rules were changed to allow Max the advantage.....reeks of piss.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 1 user Likes pennywise's post

61 years of age you would think very little could bother me at this age. I have been a follower of many sports for a very long time I have seen many ups and downs for the teams and players I have followed in so many but I dont think I have ever been so gutted as I am right now.

This will always be a Championship that was handed over rather than won in my book. People can go on and on about the ups and downs and the bad luck here and there but the bottom line is there is no way Verstappen and Red Bull were going to win this race, its not luck at all. It is a manufactured ending to the season presented to them by Williams and Latifi.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

The most ironic thing is the Merc had so much more race pace today (in Lewis hands). Toto ain't happy, but in fairness I think he has a point.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(12-12-2021, 04:06 PM)NeilP Wrote:  61 years of age you would think very little could bother me at this age.  I have been a follower of many sports for a very long time I have seen many ups and downs for the teams and players I have followed in so many but I dont think I have ever been so gutted as I am right now.

This will always be a Championship that was handed over rather than won in my book.  People can go on and on about the ups and downs and the bad luck here and there but the bottom line is there is no way Verstappen and Red Bull were going to win this race, its not luck at all. It is a manufactured ending to the season presented to them by Williams and Latifi.
I suspect that any future for Latifi in motorsport will not be associated with Mercedes.!!
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

For all those that bitch about Hamilton I have to say he is being far more gracious than I would be.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Yeah Horner (on TV), stewards made the right call!!! You would say that wouldn't you.

And now they've got ginger spouting. Who cares what she thinks.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(12-12-2021, 04:10 PM)morini Wrote:  Yeah Horner (on TV), stewards made the right call!!! You would say that wouldn't you.

Well you have to give him credit he actually got them to change a decision they had already made. The other issue I have is why were ALL the lapped cars not allowed to unlap themselves?

EDIT: or did they all unlap themselves I was so pissed off my focus was not at its best.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post