2021 Abu Dhabi GP

Michael Masi warns F1 rivals of possible points deduction in Abu Dhabi. (Motorsport)

Formula 1 race director Michael Masi has reminded teams and drivers that any unsporting conduct at the Abu Dhabi season finale could result in a championship points deduction.

A spate of incidents between Verstappen and Hamilton over the course of this season, including a collision at the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, has prompted concern that there could be further trouble in Abu Dhabi.

But in a clear warning shot to both teams to ensure that nothing untoward happens, Masi has made clear that the FIA will not tolerate any behaviour that it thinks is unfair.

In his regular event notes that are sent to all competitors ahead of the race weekend, Masi pulled out specific clauses of the FIA’s International Sporting Code that he wanted to remind teams about.

In particular he cited ISC rules relating to the behaviour of all team members, sporting conduct and the potential scope for punishments.

In the notes he pulled out:

Article 9.15.1  Article 12.2.1  Article 12.4.5  Article 12.4.5.a

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Like many night races I love the spectacle. I am not against this track as many other Banterers are and I am hoping the recent changes make for a better race.

Jaques Villeneuve thinks this is a Red Bull track.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(09-12-2021, 07:45 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Like many night races I love the spectacle. I am not against this track as many other Banterers are and I am hoping the recent changes make for a better race.

To be fair almost any track is going to be better than that abortion last time out.

JV is a cock, the end 

Big Grin

Edit: Who said the bellend didnt read my comments on here?  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Aye, also looking forward to the track changes. Here's hoping they have opened up opportunities for the field.

The crown this pile a of a season, this championship will be settled in the stewards room, days after the chequered flag? : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(09-12-2021, 08:42 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(09-12-2021, 07:45 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Like many night races I love the spectacle. I am not against this track as many other Banterers are and I am hoping the recent changes make for a better race.

To be fair almost any track is going to be better than that abortion last time out.

JV is a cock, the end 

Big Grin

Edit: Who said the bellend didnt read my comments on here?  Tongue

Okay I get the hint. It's the Christmas gift you always wanted **Sigh**.  What size XXXXX/L ????

Max Verstappen has "driven out of his skin" in chasing world title success, and given Red Bull hope of a "David v Goliath" upset, says team principal Christian Horner.

How can he be "David" if as you keep telling everyone he is the best driver.  Despite your arrogance Horner you cannot have your cake and eat it!!!

What would be amazing is if Hamilton can win the whole thing fighting the rules, the stewards, Michael Masi and Red Bull.

(09-12-2021, 07:45 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Jaques Villeneuve thinks this is a Red Bull track.

Not really.

Last year was an outlier IMO as Lewis Hamilton was well below par with covid after effects. That said, it is a different circuit this year so it is anyone's guess. Red Bull were always strong here in the the NA V8 days, I agree.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(10-12-2021, 12:52 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Okay I get the hint. It's the Christmas gift you always wanted **Sigh**.  

Hahaha      Laughing

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Pirelli Formula 1 boss Mario Isola admits that he has concerns about aggressive new kerbs on the modified Abu Dhabi track.

The Italian company has put an extra focus on kerbs since the Qatar GP, where four drivers suffered similar failures in the race.

"And I'm sure that in qualifying they will use the kerbs and maybe also during the race if the race if they push during the races. So there is this element that we have to consider.

"Clearly we have a different situation compared to Qatar, it's a different speed, it's a different time they stay over the kerb, but it is in any case, something we have to consider, and we have to pay attention."

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post