2021 Abu Dhabi GP

Personally, I have been trying to avoid the media bullshit and hopefully enjoy this last race weekend as much as it is possible to do. I do have a dog in the race and I hope that dog wins an 8th title in style! I am not "anti Max", but I am "anti Horner / Marko". Red Bull as a brand have been hideous in the heat of battle. I'll be surprised if they have made many friends.

It is only sport, when the flag drops. If Max wins on Sunday I will not like it but I will get over it and I will congratulate him for a WDC well won. The worst part of that outcome is it validates Red Bull unsporting behaviour. Fingers crossed, let's wait and see what happens!

(10-12-2021, 09:30 AM)morini Wrote:  
(09-12-2021, 07:45 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Jaques Villeneuve thinks this is a Red Bull track.

Not really.

Last year was an outlier IMO as Lewis Hamilton was well below par with covid after effects. That said, it is a different circuit this year so it is anyone's guess. Red Bull were always strong here in the the NA V8 days, I agree.

Thank you for this one.

Never let a good media spin get in the way of facts Wink 

In fairness, it does look too close to call at this point. Race pace will be key. Momentum is everything.
[+] 4 users Like black's post

I am not religious, I do not believe in any god. 

I do (for some reason unbeknown to me) believe in karma.

What will be, will be.

<see you Sunday afternoon>
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I was laid in my pit this morning, in that happy place halfway between sleep & being awake.   Stoned

The little angel on my right shoulder said "don't question Max's sporting integrity, he wouldn't want to tarnish his career by doing something terrible that would live with him throughout the decades, always being compared to those who tarnished their reputation in years gone by"

Then the little Devil on my left shoulder shouted "you dopey gullible b'stard of course Max will T-bone Lewis at any given opportunity!"

Bottas *has* to be Lewis's shield on Sunday, should Max aim one at Lewis he *has* to place his car in-between them.

My fear is he may be too far behind should there be a restart...

I'm struggling to be positive because I just don't know how far Max will go, would he? wouldn't he?

Think I'm going to need a medicinal flapjack for the race on Sunday.   Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Seriously guys? Final quali of the year and no one online  Sad

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Just joined in!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Great lap from Max.    Cool

Quote of the Day, Lewis "I'm grateful I can see where he is"    Shutup

Max on softs Lewis on mediums, bring it on!!    Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Farewell Kimi

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Formula 1 managing director of motorsports Ross Brawn is set to step down at the end of 2022, with chief technical officer Pat Symonds also planning to depart in the summer.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/brawn-...2/6874721/

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(11-12-2021, 04:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Farewell Kimi

That was really cool by Ferrari.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(11-12-2021, 04:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Farewell Kimi
(11-12-2021, 05:45 PM)NeilP Wrote:  That was really cool by Ferrari.

Yeah it was very cool, nice touch Ferrari.      Cool

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post