2021 Saudi Arabian GP

Don't forget lads, this one could very well be a complete lottery. There's bound to be safety cars galore.

Might not be the fastest car / driver / team who win this one. All I hope is it goes down to the final race.
[+] 3 users Like black's post

Am I the only one who found it funny when when Bottas said:

"I am misfiring, misfiring" to which his enginer replied

"copy, copy"

I thought a parrot had broken into the Mercedes radio room!!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(04-12-2021, 09:55 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yeah obviously we're all hoping for a Merc 1-2, then we can let them race in Abu Dhabi.

What a season if we can take it to next weeked, eh?

(04-12-2021, 09:59 PM)black Wrote:  Don't forget lads, this one could very well be a complete lottery. There's bound to be safety cars galore.

Very good point. There's potential here for very nasty accidents as it is insanely fast for a track with concrete walls everywhere. Monaco is a dire race, but they justify the walls 'n barriers by the (relatively) low speeds. If someone goes off here it isn't going to be pretty because of the huge speeds.

Charlie will be turning in his grave.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

That was a hugely exciting qualifying session. I share Blacks thoughts this race is far from over there are almost certainly going to be safety car or cars. Listening to Damon Hill after the race he wonders if Verstappen may be too aggressive into the first corner. We certainly saw the best and worst of Verstappen today and that is exactly why I rate Hamilton as a long way ahead of him. Best car or not you do not win as many poles, races and Championships without being a great driver and learning a lot in the process.

Can Bottas hold Verstappen off? If he can that will give Hamilton the chance to dictate the race. Prior to that I just wonder if Verstappens gearbox will hold up. Personally I would swap it out and take the grid drop. I would still have him favourite to finish at least second. A DNF would kill the race for the Championship for either driver. Bottas has to protect Hamilton tomorrow, that is his main job then he needs to beat Perez so Mercedes keep their lead in the constructors.

I like some of the Sky guys and hugely dislike others. Their race coverage is absolutely excellent, their team of people not so much.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(04-12-2021, 10:19 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I like some of the Sky guys and hugely dislike others.

Ant Davidson. The only decent one out of the whole lot of them. For at least five years!

I'm thinking with the 2022 reset Sky really should think about having a wholesale clearout of their presentation crew. Croft has always been truly awful and Brundle has a hard time hiding his resentment of Hamilton's success. The show anchors are very poor too, stirring up controversy isn't what being a sports program anchor is all about.

Tell you what, with all this talk about diversity and inclusion in F1, how about giving some young, up and coming media personalities a shot? They could even mix it up by letting the old (biased, dull, boring) guard do some races and introduce a fresh, young commentary team every other race. Let the public decide who they prefer.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1467266464...-arabia%2F

According to reports Red Bull have examined the gearbox and are confident it is okay.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Just watched the F2 highlights so many times cars run off track I have to believe it will be more of the same in the F1 race. I think the probability of a safety car especially early is very high today.

Verstappen is a lucky boy not to need a gearbox change.

There was a lot of overtaking in the F2 races which gives me a little bit of hope for the F1 race but the additional power will always favour the defender here methinks.

Hoping for a clean race and no funny business today.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(05-12-2021, 03:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Hoping for a clean race and no funny business today.

Me too, would hate for VB to ram the red bulls AGAIN  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Me too, would hate for VB to ram the red bulls AGAIN

Me too. I would be devastated!!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post