2021 Saudi Arabian GP

Another unknown, but on paper it looks like a very fast street circuit. Why does F1 need more street circuits?

f1.com still says

*subject to circuit homologation

I hope it goes ahead, purely to keep the WDC alive.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Toto "right lad's fit our clever rear wing & rocket sled engine, I want to see short spice pop"       Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Do enjoy night races. The track map makes the track look insanely boring, sim onbaords look no better. However track seems wide enough that cars could run side by side, however off line grip and traction might be non existent, so that could get dangerous, guess we'll see how it evolves over the weekend. I'll stay open minded as it always nice to see new tracks.
Last I read about a week ago, it wasn't finished, so as you say still needs to be homologated...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I like to see new tracks, always interesting and all teams can't rely on past data.

But like Morini I don't feel the need for more street circuits in F1 today (the opposite; would trade some in for circuits purely designed for nowadays race cars). And this particular layout looks dull. But lets not judge in advance and see what it brings.

We all look at the battle between Hamilton and Verstappen. I think that Mercedes won the championship with their latest engine swap, but you can't count out Red Bull and Verstappen. Verstappen is always there this year and Red Bull has proven to be bold with strategy. Anyway, always a joy to see these two very best drivers go head to head.
Curious if one of the teammates can play a role in this fight. Think Bottas has more of a change to be in the top three than Perez.
Constructor championship is still close I believe, but again I think Mercedes will have this.

Third in constructors it is impressive from Ferrari to take claim to that position. Great work from the team (I had a lot of doubts in Binotto, or what his name is), but they managed it. They have two great drivers, that must be said as well.
Will it be Leclerc or Norris that takes the spot behind Mercedes and Red Bull drivers this year?

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

The FIA are set to crank down further on flexing for the new 2022 challengers, with the introduction of stricter wing tests.

At the Qatar Grand Prix new tests were brought in to address the issue of flexing rear wings.

But according to a report by Auto Motor und Sport’s Michael Schmidt, these were only “experimental” and so “Red Bull’s wish for the test to be compulsory at the last two races of the season will not be fulfilled”.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

New colour scheme for Alpine this weekend

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HJMYsfwBbk (4m 24s)

Anthony Davidson previews Saudi Arabia's high-speed Jeddah street track.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

So after watching a whole 5 minutes of F2 my fears have been confirmed.....this track looks crap, expecting carnage throughout the weekend.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I do not think we learned much of anything from P1. Mercedes and Red Bull looked close. Verstappen set some very good times on Hard tyres that initially Mercedes struggled to match on Softs but we all know how much sandbagging goes on. Plus Mercedes do not have Hamilton Brazilian race engine in and that should yield some improvement. Perez however is miles off the pace.

I did not see the F2 sessions but some the corners remind me of the wall of champions in Canada.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I'm hopeful they can race, the F2's were a bit all over the place but impressed the F1 lads managed no red flags.

I was more impressed with Sebastian & Lewis when they spoke out about some of Saudi's "issues"

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post