2021 Qatar GP

(18-11-2021, 07:28 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  No decision tonight.

‘Following today’s hearing with representatives from Mercedes and Red Bull, the stewards are now considering the matter and will publish their decision tomorrow.’

Thinking we should all just write it off and move on now. We all know it won't be investigated. Mercedes were like a wounded animal at Brazil, so a bit more bias will just spur them on to put things right on the track.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

FP1, the only thing I'd say is they need to be strict with track limits. Preferably use the white lines everywhere (but no, that would be too common sense).

Already taking the piss, all of them.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Has Damon Hill been taking speaking lessons from Joe Biden?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-11-2021, 12:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Has Damon Hill been taking speaking lessons from Joe Biden?

See, there's your problem, right there. Listening to the warbling pundits! I don't listen to any of them anymore with the exception of Ant. He's always been ok.

It's amazing actually, I didn't have the TV muted but I've developed a honed ability to subconsciously filter the commentators out. I've no idea what any of them said during that session Wink Mute is an option, of course, but then you can't hear the cars.

FIA denies Mercedes right to review Verstappen/Hamilton Brazilian GP clash.

So looks like all the drivers will be pushing their rivals off the track now, as it's legal for everyone, or better be.

Karma will regulate Max.

Anyone see Toto & short spice in the team principles press briefing?

The most interesting thing I took from it was when Christian asked Toto

"how do you explain the score marks on the rear wing end plate?"

Toto "they are within what is allowed"

Christian also implied they might protest after Quatar.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(19-11-2021, 01:55 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  FIA denies Mercedes right to review Verstappen/Hamilton Brazilian GP clash.

So looks like all the drivers will be pushing their rivals off the track now, as it's legal for everyone, or better be.

Anyone see Toto & short spice in the team principles press briefing?

I saw it mate. It was a hard watch as my TV was in danger of a mug of tea going through it. Horner is the biggest hypocrite going, did you see when Benson asked him the same question he asked Verstappen last week? Apparently, according to Horner, Silverstone was dangerous (despite there being acres more room for Ver to use if he wanted it) but Interlagos was hard fair racing. Double standards or what? He then went on to talk about how the outcome was so much worse at Silverstone. Sorry, you fuckwit, the outcome has nothing to do with how stewards are supposed to make decisions on incidents. The are supposed to look at the driving, not the outcome.

We all expected the FIA to wash this under the carpet, but at least the point about Max's awful defending has been made. It won't help make him any better though, unfortunately. I feel this last 3 days has been a bad time for F1 and has made the FIA look very weak.

(19-11-2021, 02:33 PM)morini Wrote:  I saw it mate. It was a hard watch as my TV was in danger of a mug of tea going through it. Horner is the biggest hypocrite going, did you see when Benson asked him the same question he asked Verstappen last week? Apparently, according to Horner, Silverstone was dangerous (despite there being acres more room for Ver to use if he wanted it) but Interlagos was hard fair racing. Double standards or what? He then went on to talk about how the outcome was so much worse at Silverstone. Sorry, you fuckwit, the outcome has nothing to do with how stewards are supposed to make decisions on incidents. The are supposed to look at the driving, not the outcome.

We all expected the FIA to wash this under the carpet, but at least the point about Max's awful defending has been made. It won't help make him any better though, unfortunately. I feel this last 3 days has been a bad time for F1 and has made the FIA look very weak.

Mate when short spice said "I might go & see Toto in the panto" 

I half expected Toto to go *boom mode* 

Still imo Toto did well not to bite & looked like the grown up in the room.

All the drivers are going to now force the others off, the FIA have made a rod for their own back, 
I'm sure this is going to come back & bite them in the ass.

Going to be fun now, as long as no one gets hurt obviously.

As I'm typing Horner's still whinging like a world champion.    

Quote Mama "he's behaving like a spoilt child" 

How I would like to be a fly on the wall in the drivers meeting.....     Shutup    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Woke up to the Shocking news that Verstappen is not taking a penalty but I also think you are all missing THE point here.

Its OKAY for Verstappen and Red Bull to drive like that . It is not okay for others. They will be penalized as they always have been. You dont seem to grip the situation Its a Red Bull Bonus.

I guess I am just catching up on the exchanges between the two teams. I hope Horner has a heart attack.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(19-11-2021, 02:52 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  All the drivers are going to now force the others off, the FIA have made a rod for their own back, 
I'm sure this is going to come back & bite them in the ass.

Going to be fun now, as long as no one gets hurt obviously.

It isn't for the good of the sport though. I like wheel to wheel racing as much as the next bloke, but there have to be rules and the moment racing each other completely off the track is "ok" is the moment I throw the towel in.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(19-11-2021, 03:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Woke up to the Shocking news that Verstappen is not taking a penalty but I also think you are all missing THE point here.

Its OKAY for Verstappen and Red Bull to drive like that . It is not okay for others. They will be penalized as they always have been.  You dont seem to grip the situation Its a Red Bull Bonus.

See if you can find the team principals conference on line. That will cheer you up no end Wink