F1 Banter Online Forums
2021 Qatar GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2021 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: 2021 Qatar GP (/showthread.php?tid=782)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

2021 Qatar GP - morini - 16-11-2021

Well lads, what are we expecting here?

RE: 2021 Qatar GP - PapaofGags - 16-11-2021

(16-11-2021, 10:31 AM)morini Wrote:  Well lads, what are we expecting here?

I'm not so much expecting....... more hoping lol.      Laughing

RE: 2021 Qatar GP - NeilP - 16-11-2021

I have never seen any action on the race track here but Brundle says that Valentino Rossi will know it well. From that comment I assume Moto GP have been there many times. I have looked at the circuit layout and although shapewise very different to Brazil it has similarities. Lots of twists and turns that are low speed (For an F1 car anyway) which I think will suit Red Bull more but also a powerful straight which will suit Mercedes.

One comment I found interesting after reading Brundles race report was the notion that Mercedes may even take a new engine at Yas Marina and that makes sense to me given how much power that engine had this weekend. A five place grid drop is easily overcome and even moreso when you know the race will be held at night and in probable near perfect weather conditions.

Too close to call right now. For the first time in a long time practices will be worth watching. Although I am sure neither will show their true speed we will at least get some idea how they are going.

Very surprising they are going from South America to the Middle East in a week. Massive stress on the teams if not the drivers.

Expecting to hear many complaints from Red Bull this week about Mercedes car and will not be shocked to see appeals lodged against the Mercedes car. Me personallt if I am Mercedes I am heavily questioning in public the fairness of the FIA this week, I would absolutely throw out a Challenge to Verstappens driving at Brazil if for no other reason to draw attention to the Red Bull driver. Horner is very good at saying well its F1 etc etc so I would give him a few doses of his own medicine this week. In fact an overdose of them but I doubt Mercedes will do so.

RE: 2021 Qatar GP - PapaofGags - 16-11-2021

(16-11-2021, 03:50 PM)NeilP Wrote:  One comment I found interesting after reading Brundles race report was the notion that Mercedes may even take a new engine at Yas Marina 

Hi Neil      Big Grin

Gags said they might take a new engine every race, seems he might have been on to something.

RE: 2021 Qatar GP - morini - 16-11-2021

(16-11-2021, 04:04 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Gags said they might take a new engine every race, seems he might have been on to something.

I reckon Brundle and Gags are both wrong Laughing

I'm willing to put money on them not taking any more engines, for Lewis at least. He has two fresh motors to do the last three races and I can't see them giving away track position. It is just too risky.

[edit]
Red Bull, on the other hand. Well, I wouldn't be surprised to see Max take another one.

RE: 2021 Qatar GP - NeilP - 16-11-2021

(16-11-2021, 04:04 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(16-11-2021, 03:50 PM)NeilP Wrote:  One comment I found interesting after reading Brundles race report was the notion that Mercedes may even take a new engine at Yas Marina 

Hi Neil      Big Grin

Gags said they might take a new engine every race, seems he might have been on to something.

That would make a mockery of the rules for sure. It will not happen because I am sure they will not have enough engines to do so even if they wanted to.  The fact this is a debate that is foolish because the three engine rule per season is a joke. It should be at least five and in my opinion you should not have to go so many races to use them. If you want to use all five in the first five races so be it.  You want to mix the grid up then this would be another way of doing so.  So many of the rules make for stale racing in a sport that constantly complains about inequalities but other than making teams spend millions and millions of currency does very little to promote a more open concept.  Tyres being perhaps the other most obvious one.

RE: 2021 Qatar GP - PapaofGags - 18-11-2021

The FIA is set to police track limits in five different corners at the Losail circuit ahead of Formula 1's inaugural Qatar Grand Prix.

Owing to the nature of the Losail circuit, which features sizeable run-off areas around its faster corners, along with flat kerbs around the perimeter of the track, the FIA has elected to enforce limits at Turns 4, 12, 13, 14 and 16.

Tell me I didn't dream it but isn't next year's track limits white line to white line?

The way it should be imo.

RE: 2021 Qatar GP - Antilochos - 18-11-2021

I don't know exactly what to expect. Hamilton with that new engine will be mighty fast, which could force Red Bull to give Verstappen a new engine (read that Hamilton at some point was 30 km/h faster; Red Bull must act).

Other than that, really don't know how it will play out on this new track.

(18-11-2021, 03:29 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Hamilton with that new engine will be mighty fast, which could force Red Bull to give Verstappen a new engine (read that Hamilton at some point was 30 km/h faster; Red Bull must act).

Other than that, really don't know how it will play out on this new track.

Hi Anti, I think that included DRS & a tow, my memory's shot but I'm pretty sure Martin Brundle said in commentary
that Lewis was 3mph quicker than Max without either, obviously Lewis/Mercedes had a big rear wing on though.

I'm sure you have read online the rumor's that Lewis & Max may take another engine before the season ends, 
we will know soon enough. 

I also have no idea how it will play out, exciting init.    Cool

No decision tonight.

‘Following today’s hearing with representatives from Mercedes and Red Bull, the stewards are now considering the matter and will publish their decision tomorrow.’