2021 Qatar GP

(19-11-2021, 08:49 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Mercedes F1 rear wing behind Red Bulls suspicions.

Hahahah. Laughing

Is this for real?
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(19-11-2021, 08:58 PM)morini Wrote:  
(19-11-2021, 08:49 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Mercedes F1 rear wing behind Red Bulls suspicions.

Hahahah. Laughing

Is this for real?

Sorry mate Mama called as I was posting, its on Motorsport.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(19-11-2021, 09:07 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Sorry mate Mama called as I was posting, its on Motorsport.

Thanks Paps, just had a look at that "article".

Good luck Red Bull if that is the extent of your whinge.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Should be in Chat for quali . FP3 a liitle too early in my day!
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Hopefully I will be joining you later Neil.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I was rubbish at the MotoGP 2020 game, couldn't adjust my braking habits to suit, and it had me despising tracks especially Qatar track.
Glad they have added it to F1 2021, would like to give it a go, waiting for the game to be added to EA play before having crack. Though after a free weekend, alot of game interfaces infuriated me, especially the damn replay V8 sound effect that they use on replays. I hate it, its so out of place, it's however I am the only one that finds it irritating, lol.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Listening to the post qualifying interview with Toto Wolff and the Sky trio of Button, Hill and Lazenby was interesting. They covered the drivers meeting which I believe is held before every race. Based on what Wolff said all the drivers were shocked at the FIA and their attitude to the way Verstappen took that notorious corner in Brazil and they said that absolutely opens the door for a change in driving style and that from now on the inside lunge is obviously an acceptable move to make.

Forget where you stand in your desire for who wins. This is not a good thing for the sport. It absolutely raises the spectacle of a Championship being won and lost by someone taking someone out. Perhaps equally disturbing is the danger that brings with it.

Would not be totally shocked to see Verstappen take out Hamilton tomorrow.

EDIT: The Sky guys debating the lack of clarity of rules of engagement. Everyone it seems is shocked and stunned that there is no clarity from the FIA. Several drivers have asked but nothing from the FIA. Damon Hill flat out said if Mercedes want to push Verstappen right off the track he sees no reason why they cannot and that based on Brazil it will not be something that can be penalized.

I dont know why Mercedes car seems to have been picked out for a specific load test on their rear wing. It is not clear to me that it is also happening to other cars maybe it is but this whole situation stinks to high heaven.

I think Red Bull are in desperation mode and Horner is already crying about Mercedes speed at the upcoming races in Jeddah and Yas Marina; yet in the same breath saying the top end speeds of the cars is more comparable. Seems he wants his cake and eat it too. Based on my laymans view the FIA need to be paying more attention to the Red Bull rear wing than Mercedes. I did not see Mercedes flapping like a bird in a trap and I dont see theirs needing to replaced or adjusted under Parc Ferme conditions for the 4th race in a row. I dont unbderstand why they are allowed to do anything in Parc Ferme. Can someone please explain to me how they are allowed to do that, it absolutely must alter the state of the car which I thought is what the rule was in place to stop??????
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Verstappen set to meet with the Stewards for failing to slow under double waved yellows. I believe this usually brings a 3 place drop on the grid lets see how they deal with this. If there is no penalty then we can certainly remove all suspicions about what is going on.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(20-11-2021, 08:11 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Verstappen set to meet with the Stewards for failing to slow under double waved yellows.  I believe this usually brings a 3 place drop on the grid lets see how they deal with this.  If there is no penalty then we can certainly remove all suspicions about what is going on.

I would rather he was penalised for his dubious defending. But I've always believed in Karma and it has a tendency to level things out. Red Bull have made no friends over the past few weeks with their attitude, so if they do cop a penalty I couldn't wish it on a more deserving team.

[edit]
Bottas and Sainz in the dock for the same offence though.

Don't see anything on the FIA site about car 33 though!

[edit 2]
Ah, yes. Just showed up

Slam dunk penalty for all three of them. Ironically it does dirty Ver a favour as he will now be on the clean side with VB moving to dirty side.

[edit 3]
Sorry I have this a lot wrong. In my defence, I'm still on an adrenaline high after the rugby! It would appear VB and CS are up for not slowing under a single yellow. Max for not slowing for a double yellow. Hopefully they will send the dirty git to the back of the grid Wink
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

I wonder what the differnce will be between ignoring a single waived Yellow flag and a double. You would imagine the latter would be a bigger penalty, perhaps twice the single waived Smile !

I expect to wake up tomorrow with a 3 place grid drop for all three anything less and I will not be a happy F1 fan!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post