2021 Russian GP

(24-09-2021, 09:37 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(24-09-2021, 09:07 PM)NeilP Wrote:  1) Whether you like it or not the current rules allow this to happen and it has been utilized many, many times before.

This ^^^

You've made this point already, and it really isn't part of the debate we are trying to have here. Yes, all the teams would do the same, but is it right and is it something we (as sports spectators) think is right? No, it's not. Well, at least not for me.

My question to you: Is it right that the "current rules allow this to happen"? Are the rules fit for purpose?

(24-09-2021, 09:37 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  edit: On a different note, what did you guys make of this from Bottas (Sky F1 Gossip column)

Bottas also suggested he felt he hadn't been allowed to challenge for the title earlier in the season.

“I don’t know really (if I’m allowed to compete for title). You’ll have to ask Toto. For sure there is still a reasonable gap in the points and earlier on in the season, I felt like I wasn’t really any more allowed to be in contention."

Again, I think this is total and utter bullshit and you are "reading the words" the way the media expect you to read the words. If VB had better results earlier in the season (and was still in contention) he would be given full support to win the title. I 100% believe that. Unlike a lot of other teams at least the Mercedes outfit are fair with their drivers.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

LOL, Im not making any assumptions or statements, just asking for opinions, VB could never win a WDC against LH in my opinion

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Not sure if it is a thing, but maybe Forza and Neil, as well as I do, get a feeling that this now is a point of discussion only because RBR/Verstappen makes use of it in the fight against a favourite here, Hamilton. While the rules have been like this for a while, all teams make the same use of it and it was never pointed out here before.
That is why Neil use the word objective and rightly so.

We all think something about the rules and maybe even more about FIA applying them. Doesn't change a damn thing now only because RBR/Verstappen are trying to do some damage control. Think about it; they are starting in the very back of the grid while their rival probably will be at P1 or P2 and you guys still complain about it.
Bloody hell, Mercedes/lHamilton had it easy for years and now this first time they have a fight on their hands, which we as fans always asked for (and phony ass Hamilton as well), we complain? This is great racing we have this year!

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(24-09-2021, 10:10 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  LOL, Im not making any assumptions or statements, just asking for opinions, VB could never win a WDC against LH in my opinion

Well, ultimately VB does not have the same race craft, but he is damned quick! I think we've seen that over the past 4 years. He is very, very quick over a single lap. I'd say he would outqualify Max 10 times out of 10.

When he was in the Williams I honestly believed he would be a WDC in the right car. Unfortunately his lack of race nous put paid to that. Still a worthy F1 driver and I hope he does well at Alfa Romeo. Genuinely nice bloke.
[+] 2 users Like black's post

Ive said it many times before, Bottas is a good pilot, just not a great one........sure he is a nice guy, like many others that came before him......but nice doesnt win you titles.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Bottas as a racer doesn't even make my top 10, never did and never will (said it many times here). Don't care shit about his qualifying since F1 is about racing, not only a single damn lap on Saturday, as proven his results.
Don't know the big deal about him here. Stop acting like he is quick, Buttass sucks balls and would have been out of that beautiful Mercedes before if only they had competition from other teams like this year before. Can't wait for Russell to get into his seat.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(24-09-2021, 10:13 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Not sure if it is a thing, but maybe Forza and Neil, as well as I do, get a feeling that this now is a point of discussion only because RBR/Verstappen makes use of it in the fight against a favourite here, Hamilton. 

Hmmm..., that's a bit of an obvious lame argument IMO. The comments about penalties are all very valid in my opinion. It is a team game and tall the teams will deal with penalties as best they can. Max has "got away with one" as far as I'm concerned. The 3 grid pace penalty from monza has "disappeared". Is that not true?

Everyone is "partisan" to some degree, but let facts be facts!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(24-09-2021, 10:43 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Bottas as a racer doesn't even make my top 10, never did and never will (said it many times here). Don't care shit about his qualifying since F1 is about racing, not only a single damn lap on Saturday, as proven his results.
Don't know the big deal about him here. Stop acting like he is quick, Buttass sucks balls and would have been out of that beautiful Mercedes before if only they had competition from other teams like this year before. Can't wait for Russell to get into his seat.

Russell won't be an upgrade in qualifying, I'm pretty sure of that. It remains to be seen if he will be stellar in races.
Me, I hope he is brilliant! Yet another British F1 killer (like Lewis Hamilton). It will be great. We could rule F1 for 50 years  Laughing
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Would this subject even be a "debate" if it were Sainz, Danny Ricc or the likes who had received the grid drop only to then introduce a new engine?

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(24-09-2021, 11:00 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Would this subject even be a "debate" if it were Sainz, Danny Ricc or the likes who had received the grid drop only to then introduce a new engine?

Yes, I hope it would. Maybe not as "up front", but the same pros and cons for me.

Principles etc ...
[+] 3 users Like morini's post