2021 Italian GP

Epic, congrats to McLaren Danny & Lando.    Big Grin   Bomb    Bomb   Bomb   Bomb   Bomb

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Stewards seem in no rush to say anything about. Nothing on f1a website about any decision.

(12-09-2021, 04:59 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Epic, congrats to McLaren Danny & Lando.    Big Grin   Bomb    Bomb   Bomb   Bomb   Bomb

I think Dan could maybe have won that one even without Max taking Lewis out. We will never know, but Lewis was on a faster tyre and it could have been interesting to watch. He managed to overtake Lando on used hard tyres so I'm guessing McLaren lucked in slightly. All credit to them though, enjoy the celebrations.
[+] 4 users Like black's post

(12-09-2021, 05:00 PM)black Wrote:  Stewards seem in no rush to say anything about. Nothing on f1a website about any decision.

An hour and a half since they were summoned to the headmasters office and diddly squat. Why do the FIA think its ok to take so long to release decisions on stewarding?

[edit]
And 2 minutes later they release it. Posted below.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Completely correct.

Attached Files

(12-09-2021, 05:45 PM)morini Wrote:  Completely correct.

Max knew exactly what he was doing there. Bang goes his clean licence!
[+] 4 users Like black's post

It was a 5 grid place penalty...At least...endangered another driver and knew what he was doing....another soft touch by the stewards for RBR...Max is just another Schumacher....win dirty if you can't win clean.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

(12-09-2021, 06:42 PM)pennywise Wrote:  It was a 5 grid place penalty...At least...endangered another driver and knew what he was doing....another soft touch by the stewards for RBR...Max is just another Schumacher....win dirty if you can't win clean.

I agree it was a lenient penalty. I would think Red Bull will give Max a new engine and start from the back anyway. Sochi is pretty easy to make up places.

What a surprising race. I was afraid for some boring stuff.

Fist, I love it for McLaren taking 1 and 2. Great to see Ricciardo finally doing well again. Good driving from both guys and well deserved.

Well, Verstappen and Hamilton. So Hamilton now has taken out four Red Bulls, that must be a record (funny, but to think about it not that good of a look).
Anyway, I think both guys are to blame but in my opinion Hamilton more than Verstappen. Verstappen had every right to stick in that corner, Hamilton left him no space and the curve elevated him into Hamilton's car.
I just hope this crap stops. I enjoy hard racing but this is ridiculous and destroying true racing and therefor a champion in the end that won by racing, not just the one that has fewer DNF's or engine penalties.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(12-09-2021, 07:09 PM)morini Wrote:  
(12-09-2021, 06:42 PM)pennywise Wrote:  It was a 5 grid place penalty...At least...

I agree it was a lenient penalty. I would think Red Bull will give Max a new engine and start from the back anyway. Sochi is pretty easy to make up places.

I thought Johnny & Damon saw this for what it was straight away.    

Got to say I have no idea how Lewis was "predominantly" to blame at Silverstone but after they gave that they had to punish Max today, so whether we agree or not at least there is some consistency, unlike years gone bye.

We thought the same about Max taking a new engine, maybe Lewis will as well.

Got to say in the way we see Senna & Prost coming together in Japan repeated this picture of Max's Red Bull Humping Lewis's Mercedes will become iconic.

I would like Max to have checked how Lewis was before he walked away, especially after all the crap fired at Lewis when the boot was on the other foot.

All hail McLaren, Danny & Lando.    Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(12-09-2021, 06:42 PM)pennywise Wrote:  It was a 5 grid place penalty...At least...endangered another driver and knew what he was doing....another soft touch by the stewards for RBR...Max is just another Schumacher....win dirty if you can't win clean.

Really? He was one of the few drivers with zero points on his licence (until today).

Lets  compare him with Hamilton (who did not had a clean licence).
Look at Hamilton what he did at Silverstone. Verstappen left him all the space (other that Hamilton did today) and Hamilton still hit him, knowing that he was going to hit him with that speed. Talking about endangering; do you realise the speed they had at Silverstone when Hamilton did that?
Again, Hamilton has now four RB's taken out in three years. No other driver can say that. And remember the last time Hamilton felt threatened, by Rosberg? Very clean driving and great politics that year.

This year the tension is big between those two great drivers. Lets not start acting like only one is a saint and the other a dirty cheat.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post