2021 Italian GP

I dont know much about this Buxton guy.....but here is an opposing view of that incident

(dont shoot the messenger lol)

https://twitter.com/wbuxtonofficial/stat...6015670278

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Sorry, not sorry  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

(13-09-2021, 01:26 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I dont know much about this Buxton guy.....but here is an opposing view of that incident

(dont shoot the messenger lol)

https://twitter.com/wbuxtonofficial/stat...6015670278

As far as I'm concerned he's completely wrong. Out of interest, I'd like to know if you agree with that? Did you read the stewards rationale for the penalty?

For me Max should have given up on that move straight away and avoided the contact. Hamilton left him enough space on the outside going *into* the chicane and Max never (at any point) got fully alongside. Exactly why the stewards said Hamiltons positioning going out of the second part of the chicane (where people complain he left no space) was perfectly reasonable. He didn't have to leave him any space on the exit of T2. That is the most important point for me, if the roles were reversed and Hamilton was making that move he would have bailed out and avoided the contact. I am 100% certain of that. Max has showed time and time again that he won't.

Key for me in all of these "contentious" decisions is the "right to space" interpretation. A driver earns that right if he gets fully alongside another car. Hamilton did that at Silverstone but still got penalised (and at T4 on lap 1 today, completely alongside and Max left him not a mm). Max didn't get fully alongside at any point during that lunge, had lost the corner but committed anyway knowing (IMO) it would cause contact. Max is fast, but we are seeing evidence that his race craft isn't fully honed and I class him as a hotheaded driver. A more measured driver would have given up on that attempt.

What with the current politics (and seeming agenda to have a different team win this year) I was very pleasantly surprised to see the penalty correctly given. I honestly thought they would either call it as no further action or slap a penalty on Hamilton.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(13-09-2021, 02:31 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sorry, not sorry  Big Grin

Somebody's been busy with photoshop this morning I see  Rolleyes
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(13-09-2021, 03:03 PM)morini Wrote:  What with the current politics (and seeming agenda to have a different team win this year) I was very pleasantly surprised to see the penalty correctly given. I honestly thought they would either call it as no further action or slap a penalty on Hamilton.

Not a believer in conspiracy theories myself, but there does seem to be a slight whiff of liberty media / FIA wanting to clip Mercedes wings this year because of their phenomenal success. It is understandable and I prefer to think of it as trying to improve the show rather than pushing an agenda.

They can keep the sprint races though. That is a massive fail.
[+] 2 users Like black's post

At least we got lots of posts here after a bit quit time. Are we suppose to thank Max and Lewis now?

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

I think there is a little blame on both sides Morini, Max was being very optimistic while Lewis should have had that door shut by running deep into T1 and preventing Max`s advances. I sit on the `rubbing is racing` side of the sport. These 2 will continue to touch/collide/crash, call it what you will, throughout the season imo. Let them at it I say!

(13-09-2021, 03:04 PM)morini Wrote:  Somebody's been busy with photoshop this morning I see  Rolleyes

Its photoshopped???.....I just thought it was from when the surgeon used a sharpie to mark out his balding bonce pre hair transplant, my bad  Tongue

Forgot to post this one last night  Tongue

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Bloody awesome for McLaren, Norris and certainly DRic, great to see.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post