2021 Italian GP

Great job VB......no rubber ring needed this evening!

(for all you guys that couldnt make it into the chat  Tongue )

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(11-09-2021, 04:06 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Great job VB......no rubber ring needed this evening!

(for all you guys that couldnt make it into the chat  Tongue )

i was there.....3 hrs too late....but there non the less

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

(11-09-2021, 04:21 PM)pennywise Wrote:  i was there.....3 hrs too late....but there non the less

You missed the most sensible conversation ever held in Chat...............and no one fell out!  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(11-09-2021, 04:26 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(11-09-2021, 04:21 PM)pennywise Wrote:  i was there.....3 hrs too late....but there non the less

You missed the most sensible conversation ever held in Chat...............and no one fell out!  Tongue

Boring then....and i reiterate ...not my bad

(11-09-2021, 04:30 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Boring then....and i reiterate ...not my bad

It would have been boring.......but I went back to the 2019 Chinese gp thread (think its from page 18 onwards) while watching follow the leader live on tv.........cheered me up no end.....especially after Toto saying today saying Merc would swap drivers should VB still be ahead of LH after turn 1  Laughing

I missed the build up today....whats wrong with CLC?.....dodgy Calzone for tea last night?

Nice to hear the Sky team (rightly) singing the praises of thee great Fernando Alonso!

(11-09-2021, 04:37 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(11-09-2021, 04:30 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Boring then....and i reiterate ...not my bad

It would have been boring.......but I went back to the 2019 Chinese gp thread (think its from page 18 onwards) while watching follow the leader live on tv.........cheered me up no end.....especially after Toto saying today saying Merc would swap drivers should VB still be ahead of LH after turn 1  Laughing

I missed the build up today....whats wrong with CLC?.....dodgy Calzone for tea last night?

Nice to hear the Sky team (rightly) singing the praises of thee great Fernando Alonso!
Ahahha I don't remember that ....hissy fit indeed....what a gimp. Enjoyed that read ....made me chuckle

Just caught up, car broke down the day after it was serviced........they sorted it so ok, I did take the piss somewhat. Tongue

Well that went well for us Lewis fans then.....    Wink

Looking forward to the first lap with Lando & Danny snapping at Max like a pair of terriers.     Cool

Damage limitation I feel after watching the DRS train today.  

Looks like I've completely screwed my DT as well, I'm just opening my first stella, after today there might be "several" more.    Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Nice to see Ferrari are at well prepared should CLC still have the shits tomorrow  Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Had to do some social crap today, so I missed out in the chat. And I really wish I was in that particular chat today, looked epic.

Anyway, we see Hamilton making yet another mistake this year. He really doesn't remember how to deal with the pressure anymore. I know most of you guys are a fan of him, but you can't deny that he is making too many mistakes. Only this year we see him under pressure and only this year is when I see him making mistakes in almost every race. He better shape up before Russell steps in next year.
Still I think he will be alright tomorrow. P2 with a fight for P1. He is good in the long run and chasing that car in front, that is when the old Hamilton comes back, the racer.

On the contrary, Bottas is doing well since he is leaving that team. Seems he is enjoying that the pressure is off. Good job, although it doesn't make much of a difference. Being in that Mercedes on this track helps naturally, but he still was the fastest man in that car. Kudos for that.

Verstappen, again, didn't made one mistake and drove great. Finally gets some luck with Hamilton's shite start and Bottas engine swap. The guy is just so focussed and full of natural race pace, great stuff to watch. Think he takes the win tomorrow if nothing weird happens, although I think Hamilton still can get rid of the papaya cars and charge in. That Mercedes is quick on this track. Yeah, surprisingly a good day for Verstappen on a track that has written Mercedes all over it. Weird year this is, but finally a true battle for championship (although Verstappen would be far ahead if those three DNF did not happen).

Good job from both McLarens cars. Tomorrow their fight is not with Verstappen and Hamilton, I hope they know that when in battle (Ricciardo might feel he has something to prove in first corner with Verstappen, Norris seems more reasonable with his fight against Hamilton). I am interested in the Norris Ricciardo battle during race, could be the best part whole the race.

Poor Gasly, nothing else to say.

Ferrari is just doing their thing and are exactly where I thought they would be. Hope next year they are back in the top fighting for championship.

Alsonso, again I enjoyed watching him. I love that driver, so glad he is back.

In the end I still think the sprint races are stupid.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Anyone can have a bad start, to be fair. This one gifted the race win to Max though, so massive consequences for it. There is no denying Hamilton has made two mistakes this year, one he got away with in Imola the other cost him a race win at Baku. I don't consider yesterday a mistake, more unfortunate starting on the dirty side when others around him had a grip advantage. I would think he will be aiming to try to secure P2 tomorrow.

Don't forget, if it had been normal qualification format the Mercs would be starting 1 and 2. Sprint races are a really shit way to decide the grid, however much Ross Brawn tries to convince people otherwise.
[+] 2 users Like black's post