2021 Hungarian GP

(03-08-2021, 10:56 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Personally I think the rule is outdated, samples are analysed on a microscopic level ...... however a rule is a rule and applies to everyone.......harsh but fair.

No arguments from me as it stands it is a technical infringement so no choice but DQ. The AM appeal will go nowhere, but I still feel very sorry for Seb Vettel (as does Hamilton who posted something in support of him on social media).

I believe this is just another example of the FIA overcomplicating things. They will always be able to get *some* fuel out of a car for analysis purposes so IMO this particular rule should be ditched entirely.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 4 users Like The Professor's post

I don't think anybody here doesn't have sympathy with Vettel, I know I do, it's unbelievably cruel. He drove his heart out on Sunday & deserved much better than he got.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Aston Martin have decided to follow through with their appeal against Sebastian Vettel’s DSQ

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...el62u.html

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(05-08-2021, 10:15 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Aston Martin have decided to follow through with their appeal against Sebastian Vettel’s DSQ

Whilst cruel, I cant see a way out of it.      Nothingtosay

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Waste of time and effort. Even if they prove there was sufficient fuel in the car clearly it was not possible to get it out in a expeditious timeframe.

Rules are rules even if at times they make little sense. I am with the Professor there should be no need for so much fuel to test in this day and age. Considering how much technology is involved in these car there is a distinct lack of it in the application of the rules and regulations. Dont even get me started on the human side of that argument. Compared to the race engineers the FIA and Liberty seem to employ a lot of Neanderthals (with apologies to Neanderthals)
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(06-08-2021, 02:18 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Waste of time and effort.  Even if they prove there was sufficient fuel in the car clearly it was not possible to get it out in a expeditious timeframe.

Rules are rules even if at times they make little sense. I am with the Professor there should be no need for so much fuel to test in this day and age. Considering how much technology is involved in these car there is a distinct lack of it in the application of the rules and regulations. Dont even get me started on the human side of that argument. Compared to the race engineers the FIA and Liberty seem to employ a lot of Neanderthals (with apologies to Neanderthals)

No worries mate, apology accepted     Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

What happened with this "right of review"? Don't see anything in the normal places. Perhaps you chaps who use twatter / social media know something?
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

No news as yet Morini

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Dismissed

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/...review.pdf

[edit]
So I guess it now goes to court (which will also fail). Waste of time and energy really.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post