2021 French GP

I'll admit im not as engrossed in the technical side of F1 as I used to be, my comment about McLaren and Ferrari corner comparison earlier in the thread is evident on that, as I was completely wrong. The tech side and car comparisons is what my contributions were.

I'm just enjoying the sport currently for what it is cars driving around a circuit, and that doesn't make for any interesting posting from my side.

There is a feeling a bit like a limbo year before the new regs. End of regs mean competition across the majority of the field is close, the closest its been for the past 7-8 years so im happy.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/for...2021-06-20

Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Sorry, not posted for a while. Hope to be in chat later today during the race.
Lots on and little spare time at present.
For what it is worth I am very pleased that Mercedes genuinely have competition at the moment and would point out that the Honda side seems to have come good at long last with power and reliability. Just as they are leaving.
My favourite team, McLaren, didn't look stunning but still better than recent years and Lando still embarassing Danni Ric who needs to get his finger out.
For my money, Bottas is a fast racer when against the clock but it would seem to me that once in traffic he is average at best, certainly overtaking and racecraft he is not in the same league as the big boys. I also think he realises that this is his last season at Merc and with his poor showing so far he realises he has blown it with sulks all round. Giving him Lewis chassis is a simple way of showing that they have tried to be fair with him. I dont think this is a swap by the way as I think Lewis has a new chassis, not Bottas old one. It didn't make any difference anyway to Lewis but I suspect it made a difference to Bottas, even if only in his mind.

This track gives me headache watching it and I'm amazed the drivers don't take the wrong turn in some areas.
Tsunoda makes me laugh as he is the very definition of the Banzai warrior "all or nothing" approach.
Vettel seems to be working solidly, I had written him off.
Perez may well be the main reason that RBR win the WCC and possibly his help could be pivotal to Max winning the WDC this year. Bottas may be instrumental in losing it for Merc.
Mazepin is a joke, Russel is just treading water, Kimi should call it a day. Alonso seems to be getting a bit better but I don't like the bloke and still think he should have stayed retired.
CLC and Saintz deserve more from the car but are performing well enough given the limitations of the machinery.
Pirrelli and Ferrari share the same approach "nothing to see here" when things get tricky.

That enough for you Forza?
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

Its currently hammering it down on track for the F3 feature race.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(20-06-2021, 10:44 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Its currently hammering it down on track for the F3 feature race.

Paul Ricard (France) weather - Met Office

Oh yes......   Cool

(20-06-2021, 12:30 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(20-06-2021, 10:44 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Its currently hammering it down on track for the F3 feature race.

Paul Ricard (France) weather - Met Office

Oh yes......   Cool

Looking good.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Just about to watch the motogp (rain scheduled there also)....catch up with yous at 2pm

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Enjoy lads, off to watch the bikes & cars with Gags, enjoy.    Big Grin

Congrats to Max.    Cool  

With two races coming up at the Red Bull Ring Lewis/Mercedes need to pull their finger out.

Lando has another great race, with Lando & George the Brit future is looking rosy.    Big Grin

Anyone think that with all the talk of George has given Valtteri the hurry up? he was much more racey today, quite enjoyed the "assertive" feed back he gave on the radio Hehe   Wink

I cant blame Bottas for being a bit leary on team radio, from a non merc fan I feel he was hung out to dry by the team (yet again)

Pehaps I missed something, but why did merc not feel the need to cover Max`s second stop?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post