2021 French GP

Get your sun glasses out and prepare to be dazzled. Sadly not by the driving but the paintwork of the track.

We have been back at Paul Ricard for 2 races in 2018-19, last year the race was cancelled.  The two races that have been held have both been won by Lewis Hamilton.  The race sees us return to more traditional racing circuit than the street circuits of Baku and Monaco.

I feel it is here on out we see where the teams truly are in terms of race performance.  Are Red Bull really as fast as they are?  Are Mercedes in decline?  Who is the the third team McLaren or Ferrari?

Its hard to predict, we all have out opinions. As a Mercedes fan I am hopeful of a major bounce back from both the drivers and the team. Whichever way you want to frame it for a major team and indeed the best team over the turbo-hybrid era Baku was an unmitigated disaster.  Max versus Lewis is the obvious headline and one we will be hearing every single race until the end of the year but it is not the only fascinating battle.  Bottas vs Perez is now in full view. It could well be the performance of these two drivers as to who wins the World Constructors Champion.  The undercard of McLaren vs Ferrari is to me almost as fascinating as the battle at the top they are so closely matched.

We now enter a fun part of the schedule with three races in 3 weeks and 4 races in five including my personal favourite the British GP.

So who you guys got for this one?  What are you looking forward to the most and what other trenchant observation if any have you got Smile
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(11-06-2021, 06:11 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Get your sun glasses out and prepare to be dazzled. Sadly not by the driving but the paintwork of the track.

We now enter a fun part of the schedule with three races in 3 weeks and 4 races in five including my personal favourite the British GP.   Bomb

You should try seeing it through Papa's eyes Neil.....     Wink

Stocking up with meat & beer for the Silverstone GP, though if the weather stays nice I'll do one each weekend! 

More seriously I want to see Lewis back on it, comments from Horner & the Helmut will bolster my enjoyment even more should Lewis/Mercedes sort out recent problems.  <being kind>    Big Grin

"trenchant observation"

You might not be surprised...... I had to look this up.    Shutup

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(11-06-2021, 08:30 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  More seriously I want to see Lewis back on it, 

.....and just for balance, I will be MORE than happy should they fluff a 3rd race weekend on the trot  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

You might not be surprised...... I had to look this up. 

I have to use some bigger words at times Papa otherwise that Bloody Ferrari fan gets on my case because he is so highly edumacated!

....and just for balance, I will be MORE than happy should they fluff a 3rd race weekend on the trot.

You can Tell Forza is on his game. He is a happy boy. lets hope that smirk can wiped off his face next weekend Papa!

I am really, really, really looking forward to the McLaren vs Ferrari battle.  I do not think it is beyond the realms of possibility for one of these guys to finish on the podium.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(11-06-2021, 09:05 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I am really, really, really looking forward to the McLaren vs Ferrari battle.  I do not think it is beyond the realms of possibility for one of these guys to finish on the podium.

Ditto, though I expect McLaren to lead Ferrari this race, more medium& highspeed corners. Problem though is they are still a chunk behind on race pace lap time, although within a second now, maybe 0.5-0.7s. Might need some bad luck ahead, or lucky safety cars to snatch another podium.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I am hoping McLaren whoop Ferrari's ass just so I can poke fun at a certain individual whom shall remain nameless and anonymous!!!! Smile

That said I fancy Leclerc in particular to do well this weekend.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Track limit warnings for this weekend

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Mercedes need to dry their eyes.......if Buttass & the car wasnt out there & running over the yellow strips they wouldnt have got $$$ of damage.....pretty simple in my books, same goes for anyone else crying about them!

* It`s safe to log back into F1Banter boys......your favourite German team are back at the top of the time sheets, no need to remain in hiding during this round  Tongue

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

They should schedule this circuit during a time of the year with good change of rain. Would make it much better.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(18-06-2021, 01:55 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  They should schedule this circuit during a time of the year with good change of rain. Would make it much better.

Paul Ricard (France) weather - Met Office   

Small chance, but fingers crossed.   Big Grin

(18-06-2021, 10:57 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Mercedes need to dry their eyes.......if Buttass & the car wasnt out there & running over the yellow strips they wouldnt have got $$$ of damage.....pretty simple in my books, same goes for anyone else crying about them!

* It`s safe to log back into F1Banter boys......your favourite German team are back at the top of the time sheets, no need to remain in hiding during this round  Tongue

Completely agree, like MB said "if there was a wall they wouldn't be out there" Simples......     Rolleyes 

For crying out loud Forza, how many times they are a British team.....     Wink  

So third pole in a row for Ferrari then?     Shutup    Laughing

Bit behind FP3, looks like Max also has damage now.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post