2021 French GP

(18-06-2021, 02:37 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  

Completely agree, like MB said "if there was a wall they wouldn't be out there" Simples......     Rolleyes 

For crying out loud Forza, how many times they are a British team.....     Wink  

So third pole in a row for Ferrari then?     Shutup    Laughing

Dont remember them asking fia to remove any of the walls around Monaco.......though in hindsight maybe the should have  Laughing

We will agree to disagree.......Brits employed by Huns

Nah bud, Merc pole incoming.

RBR now crying about the yellow kerbs.........ffs, just avoid running over the fecking things, it aint rocket science!!!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Red Bull seem like they are crying far louder than anyone, but I only just tuned in to practice. They are saying the penalty is too harsh IE 100,000 pounds of damage. The answer is very simple STAY WELL AWAY!!!!! They are crying about loss of lap time well its the same for everyone.

Heard about Mercedes swapping chassis between Bottas and Hamilton which I guess could be why Hamilton is struggling for pace after damage to Bottas's chassis in previous races. Did I hear that correctly? If that is the case why would you do that to your number 1 driver? I bet Red Bull or Ferrari would never do that to their drivers. Maybe I misheard or misinterpreted.

If Mercedes do not take pole and the race then I will truly believe they are in a dog fight with Red Bull.

EDIT: Mercedes do have a brand new chassis they can use if necessary. I do not get this issue it is flat out stupid in my eyes. No other team in F1 would do this to their number 1.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(18-06-2021, 02:50 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  RBR now crying about the yellow kerbs.........ffs, just avoid running over the fecking things, it aint rocket science!!!
(18-06-2021, 03:08 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Red Bull seem like they are crying far louder than anyone, but I only just tuned in to practice. They are saying the penalty is too harsh IE 100,000 pounds of damage.  The answer is very simple STAY WELL AWAY!!!!! They are crying about loss of lap time well its the same for everyone.

Forza & I were saying the same,  "STAY WELL AWAY!!!!!"     Rolleyes

Mercedes whinged first about Bottas's car then Red Bull did about Max's damage.

Thing I don't get with the chassis, why make it public? not sure it will make any difference but why announce it? weird....

(18-06-2021, 02:50 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  We will agree to disagree.......Brits employed by Huns

.......... Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Bloody quiet on here yet again boys!  Angry

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Beginning of qualifying and I think we can acknowledge that Red Bull do indeed have the fastest and best car on the grid not just this race but this season. Mercedes are way too far back. I cannot see it changing much through the year.

Still am dumb founded about Hamilton Chassis. He is far too good of a driver for his personal performance to be so far off the pace. Its the car!

If we can enforce track limits on multiple corners why can we not enforce them on all corners?
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

I cant see much speed difference overall in the cars Neil, some parts of this circuit suit the Merc, others the RBR, as for "best" im not sure how that is measured when both are so closely matched........imo this is what we have been waiting for over the past few years, a bloody close battle....long may it continue!

As for the chassis thing, well, Lewis out-qualified Bottas again regardless of who was driving what chassis, the only thing that tells me is VB isnt up to the job and recently he`s not even a great wingman.

Now the track limits I can agree on, its a fecking joke, F1 needs to do what motogp does......you go outside the track anywhere you lose the lap.....no ifs or buts!

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Fabulous qualifying by many drivers that should set us up for a good race tomorrow.

First corner will be interesting. As a Mercedes fan I want to see Hamilton get his elbows out ala Max. I think its important he sends a message that he is not going to let Max "Bully" his way through each and every time they race. So far Hamilton has played the long game I think the time has arrived for that to change.  For the first time in years Mercedes do not have the best or fastest car and that requires a shift in how they handle races. I am sure there are some that will say Hamilton was sandbagging all weekend but I absolutely do not believe that to be the case.

Its great for the sport and spectacle that we have had a shift at the top, it was long overdue.  I am somewhat surprised that Leclerc was so far down the order. I am also somewhat disappointed in the performance of McLaren.  Gasly again proving what a good driver he is.  Not sure whee he can go for next year maybe he will remain at Alpha Tauri.

(19-06-2021, 03:25 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I cant see much speed difference overall in the cars Neil, some parts of this circuit suit the Merc, others the RBR, as for "best" im not sure how that is measured when both are so closely matched........imo this is what we have been waiting for over the past few years, a bloody close battle....long may it continue!

As for the chassis thing, well, Lewis out-qualified Bottas again regardless of who was driving what chassis, the only thing that tells me is VB isnt up to the job and recently he`s not even a great wingman.

Now the track limits I can agree on, its a fecking joke, F1 needs to do what motogp does......you go outside the track anywhere you lose the lap.....no ifs or buts!

Its great we have such close racing. Horner just made the comment if we can beat Mercedes here we can beat them anywhere. Well whether they win the race or not is down to more than just the car there is a certain amount of luck involved too at times but qualifying is the benchmark in my eyes and they just beat Mercedes very handily.

I agree with your Bottas comment. I think his biggest issue driving the Mercedes is that he simply cannot get to understand the tyre performance anywhere near as well as Hamilton. Yes he fast (as our resident web man Morini knows and says so many times) but he just does not have the long game.

I mean lots of you guys have more knowledge of racing than me I tend to go on my gut feeling as much as anything. I thought and noted on this website at the beginning of the year that it would be half a dozen races or so until a clear picture came into focus and to me at least Red Bull have the best car this year. I am sure Anti will disagree with me.

This maybe Max's best opportunity to win what we all expect him to do and that is be a WDC. Next year who knows. What the changes will bring nobody right now knows.

Am I saying its over? No, of course not we are in for a fantastic season of racing and that to me is totally awesome. My only wish is that Ferrari and McLaren were closer.
[+] 5 users Like NeilP's post

I still think it would take a brave man to bet against Lewis in tomorrows race, either way I hope its close fighting right to the flag with zero outside incidents.

What a great qualifying session that was.

Verstappen is on fire. That was incredible.
Hamilton as well. Delivering that second lap in Q3 was fantastic work (but Verstappen found some magic). This battle between these two great drivers is a joy to watch. Verstappen has a good change of winning tomorrow, but I do think Mercedes still is the faster car and Hamilton over a whole race can take the advantage of that. At least Verstappen is not alone fighter both Mercedes anymore, with his teammate in that fight as well. Good job from Perez.

Saintz is strong on this track and I am glad Ferrari also is claiming that third spot on normal (not a street circuit) tracks.

Gasly, that guy really has grown to this fantastic driver. I like that he is fighter high up in the points with that car. AT is best place for him to be right now.
Other that his shite teammate. Tsunoda, get rid of that guy.

(19-06-2021, 02:14 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Bloody quiet on here yet again boys!  Angry

The weather is hot and covid lockdown is over. People are expecting me to be social... 
How it looks now, I will miss the chat tomorrow during race also.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 5 users Like Antilochos's post

(19-06-2021, 04:48 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  

The weather is hot and covid lockdown is over. People are expecting me to be social... 
How it looks now, I will miss the chat tomorrow during race also.

Yup, I totally get that Anti, peeps are rightly making the most of getting out and about and returning to some sort of normality at last, was just pointing out this is the 3rd race weekend were very few have bothered to comment.