2021 Monaco GP

(23-05-2021, 03:48 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  
(23-05-2021, 03:42 PM)pennywise Wrote:  What a dull race....really needs to be taken off the calendar.....snooze fest.

Agreed, when the only highlight was a stripped wheel nut thread, its pathetic. TV director also wants sacking.
(23-05-2021, 04:15 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  That's the crowning turd in the water pipe cleared.
(23-05-2021, 04:18 PM)NeilP Wrote:  That was quite probably the single most boring, none event race I have ever had the dubious pleasure of watching.

Everyone at Banter agreeing? impossible not to isn't it.....

Enjoyed my hot chocolate & nap.....

My view, everything Neil said. +

Mercedes strategy in Spain spot on, in Monaco.......... not so much.

Gutted for Charles, Max perfect, controlled the race, top drive, is Sebastian getting his eye in? drove very well.

Just watching the podium, cool to see the young guns up there.

Whilst disappointed for Lewis it tightens up the WDC nicely.

Last thought, maybe qualify at Monaco, then race at Donnington, we could call the race "Monnigton" Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

(23-05-2021, 04:45 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Everyone at Banter agreeing? impossible not to isn't it.....

Cant be having that then (everyone agreeing).....so....I thought it was bloody marvelous!.........78 laps of a whinging bellend crying into his purple helmet.....had I been on the merc pitwall I would have replied........"dry your eyes and remember who the dickhead was yesterday during quali that could only manage P7".... and then accidently switch off his radio  Tongue

Joking aside, as predicted it was about as exciting as watching cricket

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

Forza incommunicado. One hour. Sixty three pence!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

You been on the whiskey Neil?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(23-05-2021, 09:42 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(23-05-2021, 04:45 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Everyone at Banter agreeing? impossible not to isn't it.....

Cant be having that then (everyone agreeing).....so....I thought it was bloody marvelous!.........78 laps of a whinging bellend crying into his purple helmet.....had I been on the merc pitwall I would have replied........"dry your eyes and remember who the dickhead was yesterday during quali that could only manage P7".... and then accidently switch off his radio  Tongue

You call it joking Forza but I admit it irritated me quite some bit. Mercedes has given Hamilton the best and most dominant car/team this sport has ever seen for seven years in a row. Naturally sometimes things go wrong and today Mercedes fucked up the strategy for Hamilton. No need to immediately start bitching on the radio about your team, especially when the only reason he was up in that midfield was his own shite performance during qualification. He still had the best and fastest car on the grid.
That he wasn't happy I understand, but this is exactly why many people think Hamilton is a hypocrite douchebag. He talks about being humble, the team, wanting competition etc when all is going great, but as soon as it goes wrong he shows another Hamilton. 
This complaining on the radio about his team that has done so much for him really rubbed me the wrong way. Even after the race he kept going that it was all his team's fault. He should have done a better job himself during qualifying. 

I know most of you are Hamilton fans and will not like this, but it is just another opinion guys.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(23-05-2021, 10:50 PM)Antilochos Wrote:   Hamilton is a hypocrite douchebag. 

Thats it, thats THEE best post/comment of the weekend  Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(23-05-2021, 11:01 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  

And I am going to get a lot of shit for it...

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(23-05-2021, 11:34 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(23-05-2021, 11:01 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  

And I am going to get a lot of shit for it...

No shit from me Anti everyone is entitled to their opinions. You win as a team you lose as a team. Hamilton always thanks his team when he wins so he gives them some grief when he loses. I do believe just before they pitted him he said he was okay with his tyres that I think spiked his ire. I am no expert but I thought it was ridiculous to stop him so early. Mercedes gambled and lost.  As was rightly said we praised them in Spain we question them in Monaco.

That said you are correct qualifying cost him dearly and that is down to him.  Bottas did quite nicely thank you in the same car.

Game on. For that we should all be thankful.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

ForzaFerrari
[/quote]
(23-05-2021, 09:56 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Forza incommunicado.  One hour.  Sixty three pence!
(23-05-2021, 09:58 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  You been on the whiskey Neil?

He must have been mate he missed the cricket "compliment"    Tongue     Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

He must have been mate he missed the cricket "compliment"

Nope I totally saw it but I also realize there are many misguided individuals on this site! Smile

For the record I do not drink Whisky. I drink Single Malts!!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post