2021 Monaco GP

This one I feel could be crucial to Red Bull and Max Verstappen's season. Yes, I know we all hate it as a race, but quali will be a captivating watch.

Who will come out on top?
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

I think the nail salon wins, I need a good manicure and probably a pedicure too. Then I can come home grab a coffee and watch my Oil based Poly dry on one of my jewelry boxes.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Qualifying at Monaco is always a bit special. Shame the races are crap. lol.

While I hear what you are saying Morini about RBR and Monaco, the Mercedes was consistently quicker in S3 Barcelona & S2 in Imola, because of that and the Mercs superior accelration in low traction conditions I actually expect Mercedes to be better round the streets of Monaco. But we've got two weeks to wait and see. Again this weekend in the race, just like Portugal the Mercedes was the faster race day car.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(09-05-2021, 07:04 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I think the nail salon wins, I need a good manicure and probably a pedicure too. Then I can come home grab a coffee and watch my Oil based Poly dry on one of my jewelry boxes.

Saturday qualfying....... one of, if not the greatest spectacle in sport.      Cool

Sunday race........ not so much. (unless its wet)     Cry

So lets do a rain dance!    Wink

Karting - SuperKart 250 Onboard Isle of Man - YouTube   (2m 28s)

Forza'a idea is best, "let them race in 250cc karts"     Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(09-05-2021, 06:26 PM)morini Wrote:  This one I feel could be crucial to Red Bull and Max Verstappen's season. Yes, I know we all hate it as a race, but quali will be a captivating watch.

Who will come out on top?

I like the hoping but don't fool yourself.

Mercedes is for sure ahead of Red Bull and all others and will stay ahead. Monaco might even be a 1-2 qualifying for Mercedes because that track will suit them better than Red Bull.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(09-05-2021, 07:40 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Mercedes is for sure ahead of Red Bull and all others and will stay ahead. Monaco might even be a 1-2 qualifying for Mercedes because that track will suit them better than Red Bull.

Yeah, lots of pundits and experts saying the Mercs are favourites and quicker in low speed corners (as Jody points out above). But in the past tight, slow speed stuff has been the domain of Newey cars. Not saying the experts are wrong, just that historically Monaco has been a place where RBR have had a lot of success. I think they will fancy their chances.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(09-05-2021, 08:16 PM)morini Wrote:  
(09-05-2021, 07:40 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Mercedes is for sure ahead of Red Bull and all others and will stay ahead. Monaco might even be a 1-2 qualifying for Mercedes because that track will suit them better than Red Bull.

Yeah, lots of pundits and experts saying the Mercs are favourites and quicker in low speed corners (as Jody points out above). But in the past tight, slow speed stuff has been the domain of Newey cars. Not saying the experts are wrong, just that historically Monaco has been a place where RBR have had a lot of success. I think they will fancy their chances.

We will see and that is the fun part. Still, I expecting Mercedes coming up on top. Even Ferrari might be close to Red Bull next weekend.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Mark Hughes Monday debrief post Spanish GP, he finishes with a comment about Monaco. His view seems to differ from other pundits who all seem to think slow speed will suit the black cars.

"The reason for Red Bull’s defeat by Mercedes here was very much track-specific. The demands switch going to Monaco, where it’s all about how much aerodynamic load can be generated and neither drag nor tyre deg are a serious factor. Which sounds like a set of demands with a Red Bull sort of ring to it."

I wonder who has got this right?

(09-05-2021, 08:20 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  We will see and that is the fun part.
(10-05-2021, 11:09 AM)morini Wrote:  I wonder who has got this right?

I have no idea, as Anti says "its the fun part" may the best man win.       Cool

I'm optimistically hoping McLaren & Ferrari are in the fight for pole, who knows its a one off circuit especially *If* wet.  Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(10-05-2021, 02:35 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I'm optimistically hoping McLaren & Ferrari are in the fight for pole, who knows its a one off circuit especially *If* wet.  Smile

Too early to start looking at weather forecasts, but I would like some rain as well. Dry Saturday then a wet / dry / wet Sunday would do nicely.