2021 Spanish GP

(09-05-2021, 05:03 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Don't know what the folk are thinking when they say Max had the racing line going into turn 1 at the start,,,,,bollocks lads...Max was on the inside behind Lewis and dive bombed the space.......that was an accident waiting to happen with any other driver on the grid....Lewis pulled out knowing Max's previous and his 14 years experience...I hope Lewis repays the move during the season

I totally agree Ian,  I am surprised this did not attract more comment after the race. At some point I feel Lewis needs to crash with him otherwise Max will do this all season long.  The thing is Lewis is the more mature driver he knows he needs to grab every point he can but as the season goes along IF he maintains the lead he has he will be in a position to do to Max the same thing.

It was a do or die move from Max and if Lewis has not pulled out it would have been the end of the race for both of them.  Question is did Max cross the line? Hard for me to say either way. I will leave that for the rest of you guys to argue about.  At the end of the day the result proved Lewis did the right thing.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(09-05-2021, 05:16 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(09-05-2021, 05:03 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Don't know what the folk are thinking when they say Max had the racing line going into turn 1 at the start,,,,,bollocks lads...Max was on the inside behind Lewis and dive bombed the space.......that was an accident waiting to happen with any other driver on the grid....Lewis pulled out knowing Max's previous and his 14 years experience...I hope Lewis repays the move during the season

I totally agree Ian,  I am surprised this did not attract more comment after the race. At some point I feel Lewis needs to crash with him otherwise Max will do this all season long.  The thing is Lewis is the more mature driver he knows he needs to grab every point he can but as the season goes along IF he maintains the lead he has he will be in a position to do to Max the same thing.

It was a do or die move from Max and if Lewis has not pulled out it would have been the end of the race for both of them.  Question is did Max cross the line? Hard for me to say either way. I will leave that for the rest of you guys to argue about.  At the end of the day the result proved Lewis did the right thing.

Thanks Neil...I feel if Max had left a cars width then the move was fine but he didn't ....I appreciate you get a bit more leeway at the start but his move was just too aggressive and could have ended both cars afternoon.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

Right, a few things, I promise to have a look at Max's overtake again, but I think first corner all is fair in love and war. But I will take a look again.

Mazespin, as I call him, has no right being in F1. Never did. Never will. He's been shyte all 4 races so far, & dangerously shyte.

Bottas? We want him to be feisty and drive more for himself, but today wasn't the day for it. He turned in on Lewis who could've hung him out to dry but actually left a massive amount of space & was very respectful of his team mate. So yeah, he needs a dressing down in private.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

I'm also going to take another look at the first corner later on. My initial thoughts were he came from quite a long way back, but knew Lewis wouldn't crash with him. He didn't leave room but had the racing line, so alls fair in love and war.

If he tried that on a less experienced driver it would have ended it in tears.

Actually, I'm glad Max did it because it saved the spectacle. If Lewis kept the lead he'd have pulled a gap. That much I am sure of.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Oh God yeah, if Lewis had led into turn 1 he'd have disappeared off up the road today by the looks of things & we'd have not seen him again. Monaco in a few weeks time will be interesting on Sunday, then depressingly dire most likely on the Sunday. As it was at least it was worth watching to see how it turned out.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

I feel this deserves to be acknowledged, so I'm posting it  Tongue

[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(09-05-2021, 06:07 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Oh God yeah, if Lewis had led into turn 1 he'd have disappeared off up the road today by the looks of things & we'd have not seen him again. Monaco in a few weeks time will be interesting on Sunday, then depressingly dire most likely on the Sunday. As it was at least it was worth watching to see how it turned out.

Yeah I'm actually really looking forward to Monaco quali. I think it could be very tight and RBR will be targeting it for sure. If there was ever a "Red Bull" circuit it would be Monaco. Lets see if Max can convert and get a pole there. For me that will be a big indicator to whether he really has what it takes. Let's be honest, I think we all love watching him race, but so far his quali record has been rather underwhelming.

The race will be a snorefest as usual. Pole crucial.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(09-05-2021, 05:16 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(09-05-2021, 05:03 PM)pennywise Wrote:   hope Lewis repays the move during the season

At some point I feel Lewis needs to crash with him otherwise Max will do this all season long.  

I'm with Jody on this, all's fair on the first lap, it was harsh but I feel Lewis would/will do the same thing "when its needed" I'm also a believer in Karma lads, so what goes around....     Wink

Also as Morini said without it the race might have been a bit dull.

Another great team effort by the Champion team, they are going to be hard to beat on this form, great strategy & a great drive from SLH.    Cool

I don't always agree with JB but he said on the show "It must feel to Lewis that he is racing his younger self" 
Max obviously has the speed but Lewis has a career's worth of experience/nous, loving the fight. 

Congrats Lewis "another" great drive.    Big Grin

Roll on quali at Monaco, still think Forza'a idea best, "let them race in 250cc karts"     Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

I hate to say I told you so. But I will.
Verstappen did all he could, still Hamilton won. Not that it is bad, but Bottas being third again with being the shite racer he is really puts me off but also shows how much better that car is. Bottas in any other car would not even be close to third position.

So, season championship is over. There is absolutely no way anyone else is winning besides Hamilton. Bottas sucks and Verstappen doesn't has the car to compete. He can get close, but Perez staying behind while Bottas just keeps going says it all. Hell, if only Mercedes would've put a better driver in that second car, I bet Hamilton would be even better as well. Only now he steps up because Verstappen/Red Bull came closer, but he has been cruising along these years. Screw Bottas, give the seat to Russell mid season!

At least the midfield is good, although this track even makes that fight a bit dull. One that, again stood out for me is Leclerc. Hamilton and Verstappen are special, but Leclerc belongs in that same category. That kid is really great, whish the Ferrari would be up to the fight with Mercedes and Red Bull (yet he beat Perez).

Yeah, lost all hope on a real fight for championship this weekend, although the racing is really good.
Anyway, take this with some salt because I was drunk yesterday and I am drunk today while watching...

Got to have a 27B-6.

The Championship is wide open Anti. Max drove as good of a race today as possible. Mercedes decision to pit Lewis won the race. The cars are very, very close yes maybe Mercedes are slightly ahead but it is such a small gap.

Like I said yesterday one DNF and one win and Max will be 11 points clear. Much too close to call at this stage.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post