2021 Emilia Romagna GP

Alonso already gone off! On his way to the grid Laughing
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(18-04-2021, 01:26 PM)morini Wrote:  Alonso already gone off! On his way to the grid   Laughing

Thought that would make you smile lol.   Tongue

Half dry, half wet........ baby baby Paps getting excited.    Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Really looking forward to this one now, what a tricky conditions to start under. A real test for them all & turn 2 is going to be really tasty now. Lewis has to earn his wage today.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Bone dry on the grid. Going to be very awkward to make inters last until the circuit dries.

[edit]
Has Lewis car got a problem or are they messing with brake ducts?
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(18-04-2021, 01:36 PM)morini Wrote:  Has Lewis car got a problem or are they messing with brake ducts?

Just changing cooling for wet weather......... I hope  Smile

AM.... looks more drastic   Cry

Enjoy   Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Brilliant drive by Max. No mistakes.

Excellent recovery by Lewis after an uncharacteristic mistake, the car clearly has great race pace.

Podium for Lando who is now third in WDC. Class drive from him.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Decent race action today and a great drive from both Max and Lewis and a stunning drive from Lando.

Buttass was his usual shit self although I lay the blame on Russell for the bad crash they had....Valtteri left plenty of room and was actually moving away from Russell when he hit the grass and lost it.
I also think Russell caused Ham's accident as he forced him to go off the dry racing line whilst lapping him....if you are being lapped the racing line should be submitted for the faster cars.....and he is a Merc driver after all...which im sure he will be reminded of when Toto's team talk starts.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 1 user Likes pennywise's post

(18-04-2021, 04:30 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Buttass was his usual shit self

The key difference for me is Valtteri can't exploit the speed of that car in race trim where Lewis can. Basically he didn't pass anyone (I think he got Stroll eventually). Whereas the car was clearly fast as it got fastest lap by almost a second and Lewis seemingly had few issues getting past other cars during his recovery drive. Toto said it was the fastest car out there today and from what I saw I would agree with that.

I still maintain that VB can string a quali lap together when he is "on it", but a racer he is not. Sorry and all that, but he is incapable of racing wheel to wheel and coming out on top. If I were toto I'd swap him now and not wait until 2022.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Like I said last night and during the race Morini I never write off Lewis Hamilton.

The Bottas/Russell incident I feel there is enough blame on both sides. It was a chicken shit move from Bottas to twitch his wheel I do not buy that happened AFTER Russell hit the grass. It was a deliberate move by Bottas and was I believe born out of frustration. Russell too needs to take some blame here but 60/40 Bottas in my opinion.

How can anyone not be thrilled for Lando Norris, what an awesome drive. That Mercedes engine goes great in that McLaren proving to me what a bad move it was when they changed to Honda. A good race but for the wrong reasons. Great to see Ferrari bouncing back another great drive by Leclerc.

Verstappen was excellent today this race was always going to be about the start (up front anyway) and he absolutely nailed it.

Very un-Perez drive today so many mistakes. It just goes to show the pressure on being in the same team as Max just as it is probably the same as being the other Mercedes driver.

My main concern at this race is I do not want it to change George Russell and personally right or wrong I was glad to see him fired up at Bottas.

Faster car...I think Mercedes today. The ease with which Hamilton chased them all down was eye opening
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

George Russell Interview was interesting. He blames Bottas for moving but I've watched it a few times now and he was taking a massive risk being on the wet stuff.

Ant is playing replay now on Sky. Bottas didn't squeeze him, Russell was on the wet stuff and lost it himself. Risk v reward miscalculation in my eyes.

100% George's fault for me.

[edit]
George also apologised for the Hamilton off. I don't see that one as George's fault at all, but he did say "I could have let him go in a better place". Hamilton's fault though, he knew that corner was wet.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post