2021 Emilia Romagna GP

First of all I have a confession to make. I had no idea who or what Emila-Romagna was until I looked it up today. So I find its the third richest area in Italy and I was somewhat stunned to find out that in the University of Bologna it has the oldest University in the world.  To others of course, and one thinks immediately of Forza here it is the home circuit of Ferrari.  Naturally there are a few other famous automotive names that come to mind in the area namely Lamborghini, Maserati, Ducati and some lesser known but equally famous in their own way De Tomaso, Dallara and Pagani.

Last years race was won by Lewis Hamilton who got a little stroke of luck with a safety car after running long in his first stint. I mean its quite possible he had pulled a sufficient gap to win anyway but you need lady luck to smile on you from time to time.

Bottas got pole and Verstappen quickly passed Hamilton at the start before he suffered a tyre failure.  The race is also memorable for Daniel Ricciardo finishing on the podium and forcing his boss one Cyril Abiteboul to get a tattoo of his (Danny Riccs) choice ( I never did see what that was) and of course poor George Russell planting the Williams into the wall during a safety car.

I get the feeling pole will be crucial here and I fear not much overtaking will be had up front.  With all the hype right now about Red Bull being the better car this will be another opportunity to see if that is indeed the case.

Looking forward to some more of your informed and articulate opinions on what will transpire...  Guess that rules Forza out of the equation.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

I took the liberty of editing the thread title to keep it consistent with others (and last years Imola thread). Sorry, OCD is a bit of a family trait!

Regarding the race, I have to say it isn't one of my favourite circuits, but all the "pundit wisdom" says Mercedes are going to be at more of a disadvantage here because of their deficit in high speed corners. I guess we shall see. Still two weeks to go (which is a bit of a kicker having such a long gap after the first event).
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Really should be F1 this weekend....
Now we have another weekend of both F1 & MotoGP next weekend, with all sessions clashing. Not sure why they have done this, they are usually very good with alternating.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Hating this gap of three weeks Hesh I am with you its too long!!!!

Latest news from Alpine a team that seems to have totally lost their way already...

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12473/...ppointment
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Yeah, not a great way to start the season having two non race weekends between the first two events. It's like having the summer break straight away! Surprising as well, if F1 want 23 events in a year then that alone does not give much scope for three week gaps.

I reckon some of the planned races won't happen as Covid has still got a firm grip on the world. Canada already looks unlikely though the rumours are it will be replaced by Turkey.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

F1 moves quali start time so as not to clash with Prince Philips funeral

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/36695/...ps-funeral

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

No thoughts on the race yet from you guys WTH!!!

The three week break is a killer and terrible planning to start off the year but I guess there are mitigating circumstances. Just when you get a grip of excitement at it starting up it does leave a somewhat cold air behind it when there is such a large gap between races.

I for one will get my little thinking cap on but it would sure be nice to hear from some of you highly skilled and opinionated people out there on the race ahead!!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(13-04-2021, 03:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:  No thoughts on the race yet from you guys WTH!!!

I for one will get my little thinking cap on but it would sure be nice to hear from some of you highly skilled and opinionated people out there on the race ahead!!!!

I would happily pass comment.....but some fecking smartarse (see #1 of this tread) recently posted... 

"Looking forward to some more of your informed and articulate opinions on what will transpire...  Guess that rules Forza out of the equation."

Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(13-04-2021, 04:00 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(13-04-2021, 03:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:  No thoughts on the race yet from you guys WTH!!!

I would happily pass comment.....but some fecking smartarse (see #1 of this tread) recently posted... 

"Looking forward to some more of your informed and articulate opinions on what will transpire...  Guess that rules Forza out of the equation."

Big Grin

Yup......... that's me out as well lol.      Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Since when has the great Forza ever listened to this mere humble Mercedes fan and taken notice!!!!!

I smell a rat!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post