2021 Emilia Romagna GP

(17-04-2021, 09:45 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  To which Hamilton replied: “Nobody can knock you for giving it your all. Amazing lap, it’s great to see you and the team shine. Move on, let’s race.”

I saw that and was thinking of posting it on here myself. Then I thought twice and didn't bother because it just winds up all the people who have a beef with the guy.

I still reckon it was a classy gesture personally - and it seems LH genuinely has a lot of love for his "roots" (the team that brought him into F1). There's a lot of twats posting on other sites who see it very differently though. Some of them stirring up comments Lando made about "Max should have won the last race". Get a grip people, I can bet Hamilton doesn't care about any of that. Enjoy watching a special racer in his prime before he retires, as it sure as shit won't happen again in our lifetimes.

Doesn't matter what Lewis Hamilton says or does, some will spin it in a negative way. He put a car on pole today which (by rights) should not have been there. Very few F1 drivers can do that.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Fascinating qualifying session. Perez beating Max can only be good for Verstappen he has had it far too easy in that seat for far too long. Checo will push Max to a higher level of that I am sure.

Magnificent drive from Lando Norris and the McLaren team, they are truly back and in the fight for podiums this season add to that a much improved performance from Williams and its great to see the two British teams improve although I fear its a one off track for Williams.

Not loving the circuit. It is not up to F1 in my view. The Mercedes is very slow through the first sector so I feel there could well be some overtaking at the start and all things being equal that could be the end of the racing up front for the day unless we get outside interference from weather or safety cars.

Very mystified by the performance of Bottas, he looked pretty good up to final qualifying and then just disappeared.

LeClerc proving what a great driver he is potentially, huge disappointment with Sainz. Got to give Ocon credit too, great qualifying by him.

Looking forward to the race but not expecting a classic by any means.

I think it will be an internal Red Bull fight for the win.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(17-04-2021, 10:55 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Very mystified by the performance of Bottas, he looked pretty good up to final qualifying and then just disappeared.

Me too. I tipped him for pole again but he just "disappeared" in Q3. I believe he is not out of the picture for race strategy, it all depends on how the race start goes. If Hamilton holds the lead then Checo will very probably end up behind VB after pitting. He could play a role if Mercedes run him long (and I'm sure they will).

(17-04-2021, 10:55 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Looking forward to the race but not expecting a classic by any means.

I think it will be an internal Red Bull fight for the win.

I'm not so sure, particularly if the predicted moisture materialises. Never write off Hamilton, he won this one from third last year.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Well as a Hamilton fan I want him to win and would never write him off but I feel he is up against it in the race.

I find the ongoing argument about the change in rules affecting Mercedes and Aston Martin interesting. There is not the slightest doubt in my mind it was a deliberate attempt to bring the pack back together and it looks like it has succeeded. At the end of the day the sport may well benefit from it but I have to question the ethics involved.

In my darker moments I wonder how much longer the sport will remain attractive to me. I am so against a level playing field, it ruins pretty much all sport where that amount of interference is involved. It is if you will a bit like Reality TV IE it is anything but reality. I just wonder how far away we are from well its time for Alpine to win a race or lets see an Asian driver win a race. Maybe not as far as some of you may think.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

I think Lewis will have an uphill struggle to keep both RBR's behind him. This time around it's RBR who have all the strategic advantages for a change, but Lewis is genuinely one of the greatest drivers of all time in officially the best F1 team there has ever been. Don't rule them out.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(18-04-2021, 07:52 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I think Lewis will have an uphill struggle to keep both RBR's behind him. This time around it's RBR who have all the strategic advantages for a change

I know you are correct Jody, it will be a tough one for Hamilton to win fighting two cars. If the conditions are wet or changeable I see him winning it anyway, if it's dry from start to finish then I reckon he will play the percentage game and look to maximise the championship points. It is a long season and you've got to be in it to win it.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Yee Haaaa.... It seems there is rain about.

Look its pissing down..... YAY    Cool     Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(18-04-2021, 01:19 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Look its pissing down..... YAY    Cool     Big Grin

This is going to be fun Paps Laughing

(18-04-2021, 01:21 PM)morini Wrote:  
(18-04-2021, 01:19 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Look its pissing down..... YAY    Cool     Big Grin

This is going to be fun Paps Laughing

Oooooooh yes Buddy!     Tongue

Bring it on!    Bomb

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post