2021 Bahrain GP

(25-03-2021, 09:50 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Final two episodes of DtS

Think it must be just me (again!), but I tried to watch Drive To Survive on Netflix and couldn't get into it at all. Came across as a load of contrived crap for me.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Well first shocker of the season: We are not being shouted at by Crofty. Its Natalie in the com box!

(25-03-2021, 10:08 PM)morini Wrote:  
(25-03-2021, 09:50 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Final two episodes of DtS

Think it must be just me (again!), but I tried to watch Drive To Survive on Netflix and couldn't get into it at all. Came across as a load of contrived crap for me.

Oh it is, I enjoy very little, it is massively flawed in many aspects considering its for one of the most advanced and precise sports on the planet, but it was good to get the hype building.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I think we have to take it for what it is, an attempt to draw in non f1 fans and bring the sport to the wider masses.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

So opening Salvo's looks like we do have a closer battle in these totally unrepresentative conditions between Mercedes and RBR. The Merc looks understeery (is that a word?) so far, but as we thought, pretty quick. Shook my head when Ted said he saw nothing new on the Mercedes, apart from the new rake on the car and the different rear suspension mountings you mean Ted?
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Come on McLaren!!!!! Sorry i know its early...

(26-03-2021, 12:52 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So opening Salvo's looks like we do have a closer battle in these totally unrepresentative conditions between Mercedes and RBR. The Merc looks understeery (is that a word?) so far, but as we thought, pretty quick. Shook my head when Ted said he saw nothing new on the Mercedes, apart from the new rake on the car and the different rear suspension mountings you mean Ted?

Certainly it is looking much closer at the top, although I have a feeling there is more speed in the Mercedes (already a bit faster now I think) but they haven't found the ultimate balance yet.

McLaren is fast as hell. First rounds on hard while others on soft. Now Norris on soft at top!
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Ah, still nearly 3 secs off time from FP1 last year.

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Could that diffuser on McLaren make such a difference?
What if Mercedes and Red Bull get a diffuser on their car?

Hmm, now even AlphaTauri is above Mercedes and Red Bull. So we need to wait for Q3 tomorrow to be certain.
And I feel silly, again...
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Going by previous years FP1, Midfield are closer, by 0.4-0.5s

Hard to read Ferrari engine/car gains after just one session. Promising signs if looking at AR top speeds, as they are matching highest speeds (except RUS who is 5ph ahead at 327kph). While Ferrari are 10kph down, but to post a time 0.6s back, might not be too bad. Be fascinating to see the qually and race performance.

For me McLaren was a big positive surprise (I had them as third team but they really look fast) and Alpine as the negative surprise.
Austin Martin seems to struggle as well, while AlphaTauri is very stable and Ferrari on their way up again.

The midfield for sure is looking interesting.

Got to have a 27B-6.