2020 Abu Dhabi GP

Good man Seb...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1338200767732170752

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Well, dull race but at least it was nice to see Verstappen getting a well deserved win.
Mercedes obviously turned down their engine, just showing how powerful they are and how good Verstappen is. Although Hamilton still not recovered if you ask me. I mean, Albon did not as bad as he normally drives today, but still to slow compared to his teammate. That Albon was able to come close to Hamilton says more about Hamilton his state.

McLaren did a fine job.

I loved to see Ricciardo doing well and that he snitched that fasted lap from Verstappen was a little nice thing. Next year in a McLaren with Mercedes engine, just great. Would love to see him battle it out with Hamilton and Verstappen. And lets throw Leclerc with a competitive Ferrari in that mix as well (although I think Mercedes still will be to strong next year).

Gasly did what he could. Hope that car will be stronger next year.

To bad for Perez. But seems like he will have the Albon seat next year. Good for him, he deserves a good car.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Components used throughout the 2020 season

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Should we have a global fund raiser from the fans to buy Liberty Media out of Abu Dhabi? This has to be the most boring race on the calendar and it gets prime position as the Finale. Compare Bahrain 1 and 2 with this last race. Abu Dhabi leaves me with no real excitement for the coming season. A mate of mine stopped watching F1 because of Abu Boreinghi.
Does anyone else think Abu Dhabi should be consigned to history and live stock grazing or are we the only two?
[+] 3 users Like zimmi's post

(17-12-2020, 10:05 AM)zimmi Wrote:  Should we have a global fund raiser from the fans to buy Liberty Media out of Abu Dhabi? This has to be the most boring race on the calendar and it gets prime position as the Finale. Compare Bahrain 1 and 2 with this last race. Abu Dhabi leaves me with no real excitement for the coming season. A mate of mine stopped watching F1 because of Abu Boreinghi.
Does anyone else think Abu Dhabi should be consigned to history and live stock grazing or are we the only two?

Yeah, nobody could argue that Abu Dhabi was an exciting race. Dullest of the season, by far. I'm not convinced it is 100% the track layout at fault though. As the drivers say, they can't follow within 3 / 4 seconds without wrecking their tyres. Until that is addressed we will never see close racing at circuits like that one.

Nice to see a new face on here. Welcome.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(17-12-2020, 10:05 AM)zimmi Wrote:  Should we have a global fund raiser from the fans to buy Liberty Media out of Abu Dhabi? This has to be the most boring race on the calendar and it gets prime position as the Finale. Compare Bahrain 1 and 2 with this last race. Abu Dhabi leaves me with no real excitement for the coming season. A mate of mine stopped watching F1 because of Abu Boreinghi.

Hello Zimmi and welcome to F! Banter.....nice place to air your F1 views with no bile or trolls to stress about.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

Nice to have you onboard Zimmi, welcome!

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Welcome Zimmi  Smile

Agree Abu Dhabi needs some work, don't get me started on Monaco lol.    Shutup    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Thank you everyone for the welcome. I apologise, I should have introduced myself first. I am grateful that there are no trolls on this site as I would be properly roasted by now.
[+] 4 users Like zimmi's post

(20-12-2020, 01:35 PM)zimmi Wrote:   as I would be properly roasted by now.

Dont worry Zimmi.....there is plenty of time for that  Tongue

So what corner of the world are you from?.... and who is your favoured driver/team? (for the love of all things petrol powered please dont tell me you are another bloody Lewis fan)

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post