2020 Abu Dhabi GP

Fittipaldi gets a second weekend in the Haas sh*tebox

Mick Schumacher will drive in fp1 tomorrow.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

AMuS reporting Lewis Hamilton tested negative in Bahrain on Wednesday but needs to wait 48 hours before he can enter Abu Dhabi, he will then be required to take another test and if that also produces a negative result he can then enter the paddock.

Mercedes: Lewis is already in Abu Dhabi, tested negitive again and confirmed to drive this weekend........sorry George, back of the grid for you.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Flashed up on my phone a couple of hours ago

https://amp-formula1-com.cdn.ampproject....TpLwL.html

Go win it champ.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Only 5 th in P1 for Lewis and a few brake issues and over a second of the pace, set by Max....I'm sure they will be ironed out before Quali.
Russell is down in 16th ...3 seconds further back...it must be so frustrating for him to go from driving the fastest F1 car in history to the slowest car on the grid in the space of 5 days.

Mick in 17th in his first drive of the Haas....hope they can build a better car next year and Ferrari give them a better PU

Not a great track...looks brilliant under the lights but never really delivers an exciting race.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

(11-12-2020, 12:27 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Only 5 th in P1 for Lewis and a few brake issues and over a second of the pace, set by Max....I'm sure they will be ironed out before Quali.
Russell is down in 16th ...3 seconds further back...it must be so frustrating for him to go from driving the fastest F1 car in history to the slowest car on the grid in the space of 5 days.

Mick in 17th in his first drive of the Haas....hope they can build a better car next year and Ferrari give them a better PU

Not a great track...looks brilliant under the lights but never really delivers an exciting race.

I only saw the last 20 minutes of P1, but Hamilton did a lot less laps and only ran the hard tyre. I don't think he really is off the pace, plus on this track nobody has a better record. Think he'll probably be fine in the more representative conditions of FP2. The question mark will be over his motivation I reckon (though at Bahrain race 1 he appeared to be on it).

LH says he doesn't care about records but I think that is BS. Moving the goalposts forward regarding records matters to him.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Watched Fernando lapping in his old Renault, funny thing I had almost forgotten how F1 cars are supposed to sound.  Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

For Russell its like driving a Rolls Royce and then going back to your Mini (Yes, I am giving my age an outing!)

Will be awake for Quali tomorrow and in chat (Hopefully and sorry in advance!)

I love this race probably because A) Its a spectacle under the lights and B) I was brilliant in the Codemasters game on here... lol Many moons ago.

Grateful we had a season I have to say F1 and Cricket are the only two sports I have enjoyed this season, the rest. Blah, its not the same without the fans and the atmospheres here is hoping to a more "normal" season next year.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(11-12-2020, 06:35 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Grateful we had a season I have to say F1 and Cricket are the only two sports I have enjoyed this season,  the rest. Blah, its not the same without the fans and the atmospheres here is hoping to a more "normal" season next year.

People actually go to watch cricket???  Big Grin

(11-12-2020, 04:38 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Watched Fernando lapping in his old Renault, funny thing I had almost forgotten how F1 cars are supposed to sound.  Cool

Although it was a few seconds slower than the current cars can lap, I thought it actually looked faster

here`s the lap for anyone who didnt see it........or just wants to see the great Fernando Alonso do his thing  Big Grin

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...DqiPm.html

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(11-12-2020, 06:48 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  People actually go to watch cricket???  Big Grin

Me! I do. Cricket is a way of life. Everything else is just boring sport.

(11-12-2020, 04:38 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Watched Fernando lapping in his old Renault, funny thing I had almost forgotten how F1 cars are supposed to sound.  Cool

When I am lucky enough to be at an F1 race weekend the best part is the historic run. You get to hear the n/a V10's having their orgasmic head.

(11-12-2020, 06:48 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...DqiPm.html

Looooverly car, badly flawed human / driver Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

From the 2021 season I hope that F1 TV directors have learnt a lesson. Fans dont want to see the crowd or celebs. I have loved there being no crowd or vip in garages, we have seen the sport in its whole, pure sport live feed, no damn cut aways. For once I have been able to enjoy the cars on track from green light to checkered flag in alllll seasons.

Don't fight me, but, I really don't miss the old engine sound. It's nice for a short clip, but there is no way i could probably watch a full session of it now.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.