2020 Sakhir GP

Anyone wanna take a shot on what position George (a) qualifies and (b) finishes the race?

I will kick this off....P5 in quali and finishes P3

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I just hope he does not push too hard and fails to finish. All he needs to do is drive as he can and let the rest take care of itself. I will go Qualifies 7th and finishes 7th! Its not easy jumping into a totally different car the performance differences alone will be something he has to get used to add to that the systems on the car and buttons on the wheel. Its a lot to ask.

If he does well will it be Bottas back to Williams and Russell to Mercedes next season. I doubt it but 2022 it may well be that way.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

You are right Neil, it wont be a walk in the park and I am being very optimistic in my guess but I have every faith in the lad, add in its a reasonably straight forward circuit that no-one has previously driven....oh, and it will suit the powerhouse of a Merc.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(02-12-2020, 01:44 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Having 4 Brits on the grid makes Papa happy.    Cool

But there's always been 4 this season?

(02-12-2020, 01:51 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Anyone wanna take a shot on what position George (a) qualifies and (b) finishes the race?

Quali P2, finish P3.

To be honest, the most important thing for him is to make sure and score points. He is getting perilously close to the record for most starts without a point scored (held by Luca Badoer 58 entries, 50 starts).
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Does this one stop at 48? Or will the tally carry on if LH finishes the next race he starts (whenever that may be)? I'm honestly not sure.

No idea, but you would think that is the end of his run regardless of reason.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(02-12-2020, 02:55 PM)morini Wrote:  
(02-12-2020, 01:44 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Having 4 Brits on the grid makes Papa happy.    Cool

But there's always been 4 this season?

(02-12-2020, 01:51 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Anyone wanna take a shot on what position George (a) qualifies and (b) finishes the race?

Quali P2, finish P3.

To be honest, the most important thing for him is to make sure and score points. He is getting perilously close to the record for most starts without a point scored (held by Luca Badoer 58 entries, 50 starts).

Ok 4 young Brits.    Rolleyes

My guess/hope Quali 4th Finish 3rd    Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(02-12-2020, 04:17 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  No idea, but you would think that is the end of his run regardless of reason.

Why? Don't get the regardless of reason bit.

It depends on if that record only takes into account races entered. He won't be entered for Sakhir so I'm thinking that run will continue from the next race he is entered in. I'm not 100% though, hence the question.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(02-12-2020, 04:39 PM)morini Wrote:  Why? Don't get the regardless of reason bit.

It depends on if that record only takes into account races entered. He won't be entered for Sakhir so I'm thinking that run will continue from the next race he is entered in. I'm not 100% though, hence the question.

Like I said I honestly have no idea, my thinking was as he is not competing this weekend that would then be the end of his "consecutive race finishes".....again I have no idea if this takes into account races entered/started but wouldnt have thought so.

I guess we will find out at his next start then. I still think that might not be until next season.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post