2020 Turkish GP

(14-11-2020, 05:12 PM)morini Wrote:  By the way, the only summons I see for not respecting yellows are for lando and Lance Stroll. Don't see any others in that long list given earlier.

I hope Stroll keeps his pole as it was thoroughly deserved.

There was only the 1 summons at that time....Sainz, the others were "being investigated for yellow flag infringments"

Stroll has been cleared, keeps pole thankfully.

Russel has now been summoned.......waste of time as the poor sod starts plum last anyway

Norris gets 5 place drop for ignoring waved yellows

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(14-11-2020, 05:43 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  There was only the 1 summons at that time....Sainz, the others were "being investigated for yellow flag infringments"

Stroll has been cleared, keeps pole thankfully.

Russel has now been summoned.......waste of time as the poor sod starts plum last anyway

Norris gets 5 place drop for ignoring waved yellows

Lando got a 5 place drop and 3 points. That seems bloody harsh to me.

Really pleased pole stands.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

5 place grid drop and 3 points for Russell

All others investigated now cleared....KMag, Bottas, Kvyat, Stroll, Perez & Hamilton.

Catch up with you tomorrow evening, enjoy the racing.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

To draw a line under the previous comments about lifting under yellows (just in case people were wondering)

I was wondering so went looking Wink

Posting this to preserve for posterity Lance Stroll first pole position. Kudos fella! 

[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(14-11-2020, 11:54 PM)morini Wrote:  To draw a line under the previous comments about lifting under yellows (just in case people were wondering)

I was wondering so went looking Wink

The rule is ridiculous as if 5 or 10 MPH less makes a difference to safety!

So we have a wet race. This could be like watching wacky races. Anyone in chat.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Fantastic to witness Lewis claim his 7th title, well done lad. His tyres, insane, slicker than slicks, they looked like slicks straight out the mold. Just highlights how good he is at tyre manipulation on the track!

Couldnt believe the fight for 2nd on the last corners, noticed it on the timing tower as we watched Lewis cross the line, then the camera switched to the shenanigans, charlie charlie charlie...great for Vettel to be on the podium, and Perez.

Driver of day, other than Lewis, was Sainz for me, killed it in the midfield. Saved McLarens 3rd place tussle, along side Norris taking Stroll in the last few laps.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Well, two things for me:

1. Hamilton, tremendous achievement. What a driver, well deserved win and championship for him.
2. That track is a piece of sh*t. A race track that slippery is just stupid. The racers are afraid to do their thing; race. And then with the rain, it is almost impossible to drive. Never thought I would dislike rain during a F1 race and that says it all to me.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Got to say I really enjoyed today's race. It was exciting from start to finish and without a single safety car too.

Masterful drive from Lewis Hamilton. He made no mistakes, played the long game, kept his head and let the track come to him unlike some of his competitors. A champions drive if ever I saw one. Great drives from Checo, Seb Vettel, Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz but Lewis Hamilton was my DOTD in the end. Was going to give it to Charles until that error at the last corner.

Weak races from Verstappen, Albon, Bottas and Stroll (in the later stages). Max was very poor today in my opinion, needs to learn some patience. The lad has been generally superb this season but that one goes down as a race to forget for him. Got let off with a pit lane infringement too as he definitely crossed the pit exit line on his first stop (I didn't see the second one which he was investigated for and cleared).

I agree the surface was awful but it was the same for everyone and in the end the race was much better that I expected. Honestly thought it would be full of safety cars and red flags. How wrong was I!
[+] 5 users Like morini's post