2020 Turkish GP

I must confess to being away from my F1 fanhood during the years of this GP but I guess Massa loved this circuit winning 3 times!  I have read lots of favourable comments from you guys so I am looking forward to the race. Current drivers Hamilton and Vettel have both won here before.
[+] 6 users Like NeilP's post

(01-11-2020, 10:29 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I must confess to being away from my F1 fanhood during the years of this GP but I guess Massa loved this circuit winning 3 times!  I have read lots of favourable comments from you guys so I am looking forward to the race. Current drivers Hamilton and Vettel have both won here before.

Some rate it as the best "new generation" Tilke track (not me, I rate COTA as the best Tilke track). Fact is my memory isn't great and I don't remember very much about the 7 races there apart from turn 8 being a tyre killer. Looking forward to this one though.
[+] 6 users Like morini's post

We know its only a formality but whats the score for Lewis to win the WDC in Turkey?.....what does he need position/points wise?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(02-11-2020, 10:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  We know its only a formality but whats the score for Lewis to win the WDC in Turkey?.....what does he need position/points wise?

You guys are far too slow ........Crofty and the other w@nkpots beat you to it  Tongue

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/...turkish-gp

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(02-11-2020, 11:35 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  You guys are far too slow ........Crofty and the other w@nkpots beat you to it  Tongue

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/...turkish-gp

Sorry for being so tardy! Mrs M and I were watching a film.

The short version is VB needs to reduce the points margin from 85 to 77 by the end of the Turkish race. Like you say Sky have all of the permutations but assuming VB wins and Lewis comes in second it still won't extend the WDC unless VB gets the fastest lap as well.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(03-11-2020, 12:07 AM)morini Wrote:  Sorry for being so tardy! Mrs M and I were watching a film.

The short version is VB needs to reduce the points margin from 85 to 77 by the end of the Turkish race. Like you say Sky have all of the permutations but assuming VB wins and Lewis comes in second it still won't extend the WDC unless VB gets the fastest lap as well.

You are excused........but dont let it happen again! (anything worth watching?)

"The short version is VB needs to reduce the points margin from 85 to 77 by the end of the Turkish race".......good man Morini....thats what I wanted to know

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(03-11-2020, 12:11 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  You are excused........but dont let it happen again! (anything worth watching?)

I posted it in the Film & TV thread. The Gentlemen, enjoyed it.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Hamilton fan I may be but I do not keep track of that stuff Forza he is going to be the Champion and realistically has done for about the last 5 races!

I have really enjoyed the midfield battles this year and I personally think next year will be even closer between so many of the teams. Who knows Ferrari may even be in Midfield mix next year Smile
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

10:10am (uk) start time on Sunday guys!

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(09-11-2020, 07:51 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  10:10am (uk) start time on Sunday guys!

What!!! Thats pretty early isn't it? Can't be that much of a time difference surely?

<googles>
Ah, three hours. Didn't realise it was so much. Still, that makes it 1:10pm local which is still quite early isn't it? I thought most of the races were 3:10pm local?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post