2020 Portuguese GP

(24-10-2020, 09:46 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  After the reduced running at a new(ish) track, one with a short term memory might think we are in for an unpredictable show come the business sessions. GermanGP had no Friday running and that was a little lackluster from a racing show perspective. So not holding my breath for anything different this weekend. I'll enjoy it, as I did the GermanGP because its new, impressive track.

Not really new (the Nurburgring GP track I mean) but rarely used for sure. This place though, well I don't know it at all and from what I've seen so far it looks absolutely fantastic from the onboards. I imagine the drivers love it due to the severe elevation changes. I guess we will have to wait until Sunday to find out if it is possible for the cars to follow / overtake here. Could be a great venue to travel to in the future (if we ever get out of this covid nightmare) as it's not too far away.

Neil is right about the pit lane exit though, very awkward position.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(23-10-2020, 11:49 PM)The Professor Wrote:  Regarding the radio, that is where I thought Max could improve his game and people's perceptions of him. He is a very angry young man and today's radio exchanges proved it. If you race cars at 200mph you need to trust and respect the guys you are racing with. I'm afraid Max does not have any respect for the other drivers on the circuit as all he can do is call them t**ts (as per Sainz passing him earlier in the session) and ranting when Stroll closed the door.

This bit. Fully agree.

To be honest all the drivers whinge on the radio and that is tedious enough, but the ranting and "name calling" shows he's still a kid really. His engineer and team can certainly improve that problem by taking him aside and giving him a bit of friendly advice. F1 isn't only about driving skill, it is a mental game as well.

Anyway, it would be a shame if one of the fastest drivers on the grid failed to win a WDC because of his temperament.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

<rant>
Why the f*ck have they changed the definition of track limits on certain corners? Yesterday the white line was used everywhere, but overnight they've changed that to be the curbs on certain corners. Why?

Masi, you are a tw@t and I hope the FIA sack you.
</rant>
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(24-10-2020, 10:39 AM)morini Wrote:  
(23-10-2020, 11:49 PM)The Professor Wrote:  Regarding the radio, that is where I thought Max could improve his game and people's perceptions of him. He is a very angry young man and today's radio exchanges proved it. If you race cars at 200mph you need to trust and respect the guys you are racing with. I'm afraid Max does not have any respect for the other drivers on the circuit as all he can do is call them t**ts (as per Sainz passing him earlier in the session) and ranting when Stroll closed the door.

This bit. Fully agree.

To be honest all the drivers whinge on the radio and that is tedious enough, but the ranting and "name calling" shows he's still a kid really. His engineer and team can certainly improve that problem by taking him aside and giving him a bit of friendly advice. F1 isn't only about driving skill, it is a mental game as well.

Anyway, it would be a shame if one of the fastest drivers on the grid failed to win a WDC because of his temperament.

I'm a fan of Max, hard not to be, though his short fuse is his Achilles heel, we can all see how talented the kid is, as we have all seen when drivers add intelligence & a calm head to their blinding speed their results get much better, less mistakes made in & out of the car, sorry but I also feel the kid wants to grow up a bit, as Morini said an older wiser team member wants to sit Max down & have a fatherly chat.

Like all of us have, I hope Max will calm with age, such a huge talent shouldn't be wasted on temper tantrums.

Calm down & say less Max it will benefit you in the long run.   

Hoping he can fight with the Mercedes boys again this week.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(24-10-2020, 01:17 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(24-10-2020, 10:39 AM)morini Wrote:  
(23-10-2020, 11:49 PM)The Professor Wrote:  Regarding the radio, that is where I thought Max could improve his game and people's perceptions of him. He is a very angry young man and today's radio exchanges proved it. If you race cars at 200mph you need to trust and respect the guys you are racing with. I'm afraid Max does not have any respect for the other drivers on the circuit as all he can do is call them t**ts (as per Sainz passing him earlier in the session) and ranting when Stroll closed the door.

This bit. Fully agree.

I'm a fan of Max, hard not to be, though his short fuse is his Achilles heel, we can all see how talented the kid is, as we have all seen when drivers add intelligence & a calm head to their blinding speed their results get much better, less mistakes made in & out of the car, sorry but I also feel the kid wants to grow up a bit, as Morini said an older wiser team member wants to sit Max down & have a fatherly chat.

Like all of us have, I hope Max will calm with age, such a huge talent shouldn't be wasted on temper tantrums.

Calm down & say less Max it will benefit you in the long run.   

Hoping he can fight with the Mercedes boys again this week.

I think it has to be taken into account also he is what? 21yrs of age he has what it takes to be a F1 WC no doubts at all in my mind. As he matures he will get even better (scary thought eh) 

Ps Qualy is delayed 30 mins due to drain checks in case your just switching on
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

Q sessions 30 minutes late due to drain repairs. Sigh, wheres the mute button?
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Like I said yesterday this track is not F1 ready!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Where are the usual suspects today? Saturday and quali hour yet the place is like the Marie Celeste.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(24-10-2020, 01:58 PM)morini Wrote:  Q sessions 30 minutes late due to drain repairs. Sigh, wheres the mute button?

Thank goodness, MotoGP qualifying is also on!

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(24-10-2020, 02:04 PM)morini Wrote:  Where are the usual suspects today? Saturday and quali hour yet the place is like the Marie Celeste.

Im watching the mgp first Morini

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli