2020 German GP

Another dull race, but congrats to Lewis for equalling the great Michael Schumacher`s tally.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(11-10-2020, 07:47 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Another dull race, but congrats to Lewis for equalling the great Michael Schumacher`s tally.

There have been better races, but there was enough going on to make that one watchable. Was impressed by Bottas at the start, good hard racing. However, he let himself down with that lock up under pressure.

Nobody would have thought Schumacher's records would ever be matched and broken. Then Hamilton came along! An amazing achievement, hats off to you sir.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 3 users Like The Professor's post

It’s an amazing achievement and it still goes on! triple figures easily! I can’t ever see a driver doing it like this under one team again not for six years, maybe a driver can do it over a period but really can’t see it in this fashion. It probably hasn’t sunk him for him yet but he can always look at that helmet and think “wow”. Hats off to him
[+] 2 users Like Beano's post

(11-10-2020, 07:57 PM)The Professor Wrote:  There have been better races, but there was enough going on to make that one watchable. Was impressed by Bottas at the start, good hard racing. However, he let himself down with that lock up under pressure.

Sorry, yes there was some interesting racing going on mid field, was referring more to the procession up front once Bottas crumbled....was glad to see him not yielding on the opening few corners.....should have grown a pair earlier / beginning of the season.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Joey can probable speak more to this than me given his experience but surely they can open up the gaps to remove a car in a safe fashion. As long as one side overlaps the other the gap can be as wide as you like and should be to facilitate removing a car.

To me its too obvious the safety cars are being called to spice up the race. This is going to blow up in LM's face one day. I have lost count of how many poor SAC's we have had lately but its way too many.

I enjoyed the race and me being me I guess I am almost alone in not liking the circuit. I understand its historical importance but I saw nothing that made me want a race there every year. I will take a closer look at the full race in the next few days I was dipping in and out especially for the first half of the race.

I like Albon, I am a fan if you like. I think the seat is too much too soon for him which on reflection is a Red Bull issue it seems to me. It was awesome to see Hulkenburg today he belongs in F1. I always thought Ocon was a decent driver but I have changed my mind he is okay but not as good as I thought he would be. But...BUT, My biggest regret is the loss of Danny Ricciardo for the last few years. He is a driver who has WDC credentials in my opinion. His career is probably going to be another what could have been.. such a cool guy too. Very good for F1.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(12-10-2020, 01:52 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Joey can probable speak more to this than me given his experience but surely they can open up the gaps to remove a car in a safe fashion.  As long as one side overlaps the other the gap can be as wide as you like and should be to facilitate removing a car.

To me its too obvious the safety cars are being called to spice up the race. This is going to blow up in LM's face one day. I have lost count of how many poor SAC's we have had lately but its way too many.

I enjoyed the race and me being me I guess I am almost alone in not liking the circuit. I understand its historical importance but I saw nothing that made me want a race there every year. I will take a closer look at the full race in the next few days I was dipping in and out especially for the first half of the race.

I like Albon, I am a fan if you like. I think the seat is too much too soon for him which on reflection is a Red Bull issue it seems to me. It was awesome to see Hulkenburg today he belongs in F1.  I always thought Ocon was a decent driver but I have changed my mind he is okay but not as good as I thought he would be. But...BUT, My biggest regret is the loss of Danny Ricciardo for the last few years. He is a driver who has WDC credentials in my opinion. His career is probably going to be another what could have been.. such a cool guy too. Very good for F1.

Yeah the safety car was a bit much maybe, but the duration of the safety car bothers me more. 

Like I said in the chat, I love this circuit. The race itself wasn't bad either to me. I enjoyed watching it.
That some people get bored I understand. I believe that has less to do with the track, but more with the tyre management. This is taking extreme forms and is really dominating races. This track would be great when the drivers did not need to think to much about tyre management, resulting in more fighting on track for position.

Albon? Sorry Neil but he is mediocre as a driver. Nothing to do with to much to early. At Torro Rosso he wasn't impressive neither. I think he is just not good enough for Red Bull (and I seriously doubt if he should be in F1, since there are better drivers around and upcoming). I really don't see him at Red Bull next year and the rumour is that doctor Helmut wanted to give Hulkenberg a ring before Stroll got sick, because it was not sure if Albon would get cleared in time for corona. Weird excuse and then an even stranger DNF during the race. High temperatures because something hit the vent? Said nothing on the radio about that, took them almost a day to come up with that excuse. Nope, with Albon it is more too little too late. 
Ocon, I never liked him either. Still I believed everybody when they say he is at the level of Verstappen and Leclerc. Well, he surely is not. 
I totally agree about Ricciardo. Will be one of the fastest drivers of F1 that never became champion. Such a shame for a great driver and great personality.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Another rookie mistake by Ferrari......who forgot to lock the side door also?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1315608149026627584

[+] 6 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-10-2020, 12:19 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Another rookie mistake by Ferrari......who forgot to lock the side door also?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1315608149026627584

Laughing Lol. That made me chuckle.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(12-10-2020, 01:52 AM)NeilP Wrote:  To me its too obvious the safety cars are being called to spice up the race.

Yes, I agree completely. Yesterday it was so obvious it made me cringe.

Here is Masi's defence of it (a right load of old bollocks)

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/masi-...ge/4890748
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

https://twitter.com/robertdoornboss/stat...o-ideas%2F

Cyril Abiteboul could always take inspiration from former driver Robert Doornbos’ suggestion…    Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post