2020 German GP

Well yeah, they said it's due to hospital being more than 20 mins from the circuit by road. No arguments from me and I doubt there'd be much running anyway. However, the missus has just given it the "Why are you watching this when there's no cars on the track. You could be doing something useful" line Sad

A run up to the council dump beckons to get rid of all the tiling waste languishing in my garage. Oh what an exciting life it is.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

FP1 now cancelled.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

I wonder how that has got into the Mercedes team what with the whole F1 circus supposedly being extra careful? Saw that one of the Red Bull driver girlfriends has it too. I thought outsiders were banned?

Covid has already affected one drivers season so I think it will be a miracle if we get to the end without more drivers missing races.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 2 users Like The Professor's post

My personal view is the whole of this season should have been behind closed doors. Quite a risk to let fans into circuits while this virus isn't under any sort of control. Has to be said F1 state fans being at races has nothing to do with it (below was off the sky article covering the Merc outbreak)

The positive cases were said to be among ancillary personnel and not those involved in teams, with F1 also making clear there was no link to the attendance of fans at the Russian GP

Fans being at events isn't going to help though IMO.

[edit]
Just got back from our municipal waste centre where there was a pretty long queue to get in. Staff member with a traffic cone letting 4 cars in at a time. Fair enough, need to keep social distancing and everyone's used to queuing more these days. However, once in there there was only me and one other guy wearing a mask. None of the staff had any PPE at all. WTF?
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Does not look very likely there will be any running in FP2. Reminds me very much of Austin 2015, the only difference being I was standing in the rain watching an empty track rather than sat on arse in front of the TV.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(09-10-2020, 10:59 AM)morini Wrote:  I thought outsiders were banned?

Seb Vettel's dad is in the Ferrari garage today according to the sky mupp pundits.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(09-10-2020, 02:12 PM)morini Wrote:  Seb Vettel's dad is in the Ferrari garage today according to the sky mupp pundits.

Havent been watching....did they mention Seb has bought shares in his new team?

(09-10-2020, 02:24 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  did they mention Seb has bought shares in his new team?

Yes.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

As it was so quite Nico Rosberg suggested lets have a "spikey conversation" a few topics came up, why hasn't Lewis signed, what's Toto going to do, how will Sebastian get on at Astin Martin just to say a few, quite interesting to listen to.

Funny though no one thought to ask Nico his views of reversing at Monaco, I'd quite like to have heard his opinion on that.....      Shutup     Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post