2020 Russian GP

I am not sensing much joy at the forthcoming race guys!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

As in Mercedes wont do well?.....or you expect it will be a somewhat boring race?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(24-09-2020, 05:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I am not sensing much joy at the forthcoming race guys!!!!

Neil it’s been like that for us non Mercedes fans for 7 yrs  Big Grin Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Beano's post

F*cking nora its quiet on here, especially for a race weekend.......what is happening?....are even you Lewis fans bored of the Merc domination?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Its a terrible race circuit that is for sure, once the initial couple of laps are done the front of the race is almost decided barring any unforeseen circumstances. I am not going to say I am as disappointed as you Beano about Mercedes domination but I do share your view that it is hugely disappointing the battles at the front have been so one sided.

I have learned to take any pleasure I can from the racing. I would like to see Bottas win this weekend its a circuit he does well at and he is responsible for pushing Lewis much in the way Nico Rosberg did (But Nico even more so).

Great to witness the progress of both Renault and McLaren this season. I am really looking forward to seeing McLaren with a Mercedes engine next year. I hope they can challenge Red Bull. The loss of Ferrari has been a big blow to the sport. Since they changed to that Fiat 500 cc engine (sponsored by Forza) their performances have been hugely disappointing.

In a really shitty year for the world and indeed my family. I am happy to be able to watch any sport and take what I can from them.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(24-09-2020, 08:07 PM)Beano Wrote:  Neil it’s been like that for us non Mercedes fans for 7 yrs  Big Grin Tongue

How can you be a "non Mercedes fan" or a non anything fan for that matter? I mean the sentence doesn't even make sense to me. I can understand you saying "us Ferrari / McLaren / Red Bull / whoever fans", but a "non fan"?

As a non fan, looking at that FP2 session you're not likely to be too happy this weekend unless both Mercs grenade themselves on Sunday. No other car within a second on short or long run pace. Bottas weekend, he looks determined and always goes well here. Dreadful track though, has to be said.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 2 users Like The Professor's post

(25-09-2020, 02:57 PM)The Professor Wrote:  
(24-09-2020, 08:07 PM)Beano Wrote:  Neil it’s been like that for us non Mercedes fans for 7 yrs  Big Grin Tongue

How can you be a "non Mercedes fan" or a non anything fan for that matter? I mean the sentence doesn't even make sense to me.  I can understand  you saying "us Ferrari / McLaren / Red Bull / whoever fans", but a "non fan"?

As a non fan, looking at that FP2 session you're not likely to be too happy this weekend unless both Mercs grenade themselves on Sunday. No other car within a second on short or long run pace. Bottas weekend, he looks determined and always goes well here. Dreadful track though, has to be said.

I thought rather than say, us Ferrari, McLaren etc etc etc that “non” was a lot quicker. Made sense to me at least.
[+] 2 users Like Beano's post

Would now be a good time to remind peeps of these words by Mr Hamilton in 2013? (Its been a quiet few weeks on here, so why not  Tongue )

Lewis Hamilton: Sebastian Vettel dominance could bore fans

Hamilton said he did not watch races when Michael Schumacher dominated.
"I remember waking up to watch the start of the race then going to sleep and waking up when it ended because I knew what would happen," 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/24428367

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Not been on here because I've been supporting my wife with her operations. Doesn't help that Sochi is literally the worst track in F1. Utterly hate it.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(25-09-2020, 04:22 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Not been on here because I've been supporting my wife with her operations. Doesn't help that Sochi is literally the worst track in F1. Utterly hate it.

It is indeed one of the less entertaining tracks yes. Oh well have to take the rough with the smooth.