2020 Russian GP

I watched it in replay and watched Leclerc and Stroll both on board. Leclerc had a bad start while Stroll a good start. Then, in third corner or something, Stroll left more than enough room and was in front of Leclerc. Just a mistake from Leclerc if you ask me, Leclerc and Ferrari got "lucky" to get away with it.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

" and chilled to the bone I was paying more attention to a beautiful rib-eye & lashings of garlic cream"

Well I guess that goes to show you do have some areas of your life where you can make good choices Tongue

As to the Hamilton comments they are silly and unwarranted. This is the type of thing that turns people against him. He got what he deserved in many ways. He broke the rules and paid the price but as The Professor said that falls on the team as much as Hamilton himself. I have more sympathy for the Monza incident than the Sochi one.

Personally saw the Leclerc/Stroll coming together as a racing incident although clearly no blame was to be laid at Strolls feet (which I guess is as good of an argument as to why Leclerc SHOULD have been penalized Smile )

With regards to the comments being made about Masi I am not knowledgeable enough to add or make any sensible comments (I know nothing new) but as I have stated before I do not like "Discretionary" penalties. Its not like there are a million rules and penalties to go through each one should in my opinion have a standard and it needs to be stuck to.

I think the one that gets up my nose the most is the famous 5 second rule either served at the end of the race or if you have not made a pitstop added to your time. More often than not it is easily overcome on the track if no pit stop needs to be made so in essence it is practically worthless. I do not know the answer but first thing that comes to mind is 5 seconds if you make a pit stop or 10 seconds if you do not.

I still believe Hamilton is the only one who can stop Hamilton. He needs to get his head down and do what he does best; drive the car. As for Bottas, good win for him its not his fault what happened to Hamilton. I am with Morini I do not think Hamilton would have won the race either due to his tyre situation but he would have been second in my opinion. Also Mercedes making two very uncharacteristic mistakes on the pit wall. They need to learn what in my opinion are two very basic lessons from the last two races. If that was Red Bull or Ferrari making those mistakes many would be laughing and pointing fingers. Mercedes need to get their collective heads in the game!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(29-09-2020, 04:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:  " and chilled to the bone I was paying more attention to a beautiful rib-eye & lashings of garlic cream"

Well I guess that goes to show you do have some areas of your life where you can make good choices Tongue

As to the Hamilton comments they are silly and unwarranted. This is the type of thing that turns people against him. He got what he deserved in many ways.  He broke the rules and paid the price but as The Professor said that falls on the team as much as Hamilton himself. I have more sympathy for the Monza incident than the Sochi one.

Personally saw the Leclerc/Stroll coming together as a racing incident although clearly no blame was to be laid at Strolls feet (which I guess is as good of an argument as to why Leclerc SHOULD have been penalized Smile  )

With regards to the comments being made about Masi I am not knowledgeable enough to add or make any sensible comments  (I know nothing new) but as I have stated before I do not like "Discretionary" penalties. Its not like there are a million rules and penalties to go through each one should in my opinion have a standard and it needs to be stuck to.

I think the one that gets up my nose the most is the famous 5 second rule either served at the end of the race or if you have not made a pitstop added to your time. More often than not it is easily overcome on the track if no pit stop needs to be made so in essence it is practically worthless. I do not know the answer but first thing that comes to mind is 5 seconds if you make a pit stop or 10 seconds if you do not.

I still believe Hamilton is the only one who can stop Hamilton. He needs to get his head down and do what he does best; drive the car.  As for Bottas, good win for him its not his fault what happened to Hamilton. I am with Morini I do not think Hamilton would have won the race either due to his tyre situation but he would have been second in my opinion. Also Mercedes making two very uncharacteristic mistakes on the pit wall. They need to learn what in my opinion are two very basic lessons from the last two races. If that was Red Bull or Ferrari making those mistakes many would be laughing and pointing fingers. Mercedes need to get their collective heads in the game!

Well said Neil agree with all of that especially the bit about Forza
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

Karma`s a bitch Binotto......(not sure if it really is him or just another Harry Potter look alike)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1310681525139255297

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(29-09-2020, 05:16 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Karma`s a bitch Binotto......

https://twitter.com/i/status/1310681525139255297

Would of been funnier if it was a Ferrari  Big Grin

(29-09-2020, 04:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:  He got what he deserved in many ways.  He broke the rules and paid the price

I agree with most of what you say there Neil apart from the bit I quote above. 

Watching in real time I did originally think "that's a penalty, he's going to take some pain for that". However, reading the actual rules and the race directors notes after the event it turns out Hamilton didn't break any rules at all. He certainly paid a price, but not a fair one IMO. The mercedes strategists thought "the stewards aren't going to like that" but were actually expecting a "telling off" at worst. Link below

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce...n=widget-6

If you are still in doubt go and read the race directors event notes, they are availbale on FIA website. Ambiguous is the best you could say, there is actually *nothing* written down that prevents Lewis doing his practice start where he did. Also the two 5 second (discretionary!!) penalties were sporting penalties. Sporting penalties are meant to be applied when a driver has gained an advantage in the race, hence Toto (correctly IMO) pointing out that this sets a precedent and I can think of no other example of a sporting penalty being applied for a minor misdemeanor on a reconnaissance lap. If someone can point to one I would be happy to be corrected on that though.

My revised view (like I say, I changed my opinion on this after the race) is Hamilton was definitely asking for trouble by doing his start so far down the pit exit. You could call that a mistake and I wouldn't argue. However, he broke no rules, gained no advantage and was penalised unjustly in the race.

Done and dusted now and all things considered there wasn't a lot of damage. I believe he should keep his mouth shut, suck it up and make a statement on the track in Germany.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(29-09-2020, 05:16 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Karma`s a bitch Binotto......(not sure if it really is him or just another Harry Potter look alike)

Binnoto drives a Giulietta?

(29-09-2020, 05:32 PM)morini Wrote:  Binnoto drives a Giulietta?

That was a loaner, his quidditch broomstick was in for a service that day   Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(29-09-2020, 06:11 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(29-09-2020, 05:32 PM)morini Wrote:  Binnoto drives a Giulietta?

That was a loaner, his quidditch broomstick was in for a service that day   Tongue

That s Stelvio QF

(29-09-2020, 05:29 PM)morini Wrote:  Done and dusted now and all things considered there wasn't a lot of damage.

I believe he should keep his mouth shut, suck it up and make a statement on the track in Germany.

Yep I agree, to quote Lewis's father "do your talking on the track" not his finest hour, F1 drivers & ego's....   Rolleyes

Just to add it was nice to see Max & Sebastian saying the penalty points were excessive.    Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post