Alpine F1Team

Is it just me or does the Alpine LOOK like one of the better looking cars? Perhaps it's just cos it has a splash of colour Smile
[+] 2 users Like Westie's post

(17-02-2023, 10:22 AM)Westie Wrote:  Is it just me or does the Alpine LOOK like one of the better looking cars?  Perhaps it's just cos it has a splash of colour Smile

Which one? The pink one or the blue one? I quite like the look of the blue livery myself.

On that note, why are Renault allowed two liveries at all? None of the other teams do that. It's just like the bloody Irish rugby team when they are playing at home. They have to sing *two* national anthems where all the other sides make do with one. Really rubs me up the wrong way  Angry

Laughing
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(17-02-2023, 10:22 AM)Westie Wrote:  Is it just me or does the Alpine LOOK like one of the better looking cars?  Perhaps it's just cos it has a splash of colour Smile

French...... enough said    Tongue

Think it must hark back to the old JPS days, loving the black mercedes.    Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

BBC:
Wrexham Football Club owners Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are part of an investor group taking a 24% equity stake in Formula 1 team Alpine.
Alpine's parent company, Renault, announced on Monday the two Hollywood actors are investing alongside Otro Capital and RedBird Capital Partners.
The 200m euros (£171m) deal values Alpine Racing, which is based in Britain, at about £706m.
Alpine are fifth in this year's F1 constructors' championship.
Reynolds and McElhenney completed their takeover at Wrexham in 2021 and the Welsh club were promoted back to the Football League after a 15-year absence when they won the national legue title in April.
US investment firm RedBird is an investor in Fenway Sports Group, the owner of Premier League side Liverpool and the Boston Red Sox baseball team.
RedBird bought Italian Serie A club AC Milan in August 2022 in a 1.2bn euro deal and also has a controlling stake in French Ligue 1 side Toulouse.
Alpine chief executive Laurent Rossi said: "This association is an important step to enhance our performance at all levels."
Rossi added the investment would "boost" the F1 team's media profile, which in turn would support Alpine's "performance over the long term".

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Hard to believe how much money there's to be made acting. In the wrong game I reckon.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...3BZGL.html

I was wondering when this might happen
[+] 3 users Like Twiggy's post

Alain Prost: Laurent Rossi ‘thinks he can overcome his incompetence by his arrogance’

Alain Prost launches scathing attack on ‘incompetent, arrogant’ senior Alpine figure.

Alain Prost has labelled former Alpine chief executive Laurent Rossi “an incapable leader”, and claims he “broke the momentum” of the team on its way to the front of the Formula 1 field.

“Laurent Rossi is the most beautiful example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, that of an incapable leader who thinks he can overcome his incompetence by his arrogance and lack of humanity towards his troops.

“The one who was Alpine’s boss for 18 months thought he understood everything from the start when he was totally mistaken.

His management broke the momentum that had been put in place since 2016 to reach these podiums and this victory.

“It is to be hoped that the decision taken on Friday to change other heads will be a salutary electroshock for the stable.”

Say what you think Alain  Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Beats the usual diatribe.

I am a big fan of saying what you think and not saying anything behind peoples back that you would not say to their face.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I wonder if that "honesty" to the mans face was what ended the paid work that Prost was doing for them all that time?

I don't remember him being so upfront with the press before he was "let go" by Alpine.

What he says may well be true but it wasn't so bad that Prost left Alpine in protest at the poor management to retain his professional integrity - he was sacked.
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyB's post

Hoping he is coming back to motogp and spearheading HRC

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post