2020 Italian GP

(03-09-2020, 04:36 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Just like Rossi in motogp back in the day, we cant whinge, thats just how it was.

I wasn't aware of that and I'm shocked. If that's true the great Vales achievements have gone right down in my estimation. I thought the MGP world wouldn't have stood for that kind of thing, but what do I know?

And it might have been "how it was", but that doesn't make it right (or fair).

(03-09-2020, 04:43 PM)morini Wrote:  And it might have been "how it was", but that doesn't make it right (or fair).

But still totally within the rules.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(03-09-2020, 04:45 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  But still totally within the rules.

Ok, I'll give you that one.

But dilutes my respect for the man's achievements nonetheless. Particularly as none of MS competitors had different tyres to the rest of the field running on the same brand (well, to my knowledge anyway).

I'm not surprised there were no rules against one driver having his own tyres, but that doesn't make it right.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

On the tyre changes that wasn't mid-season, it was between seasons, soooo, yeah, not quite the same thing. I mentioned the exhaust fumes thing because it was specifically a mid-season change. The point is mid-season technical changes are really, really uncommon throughout the sports history. However, in the last few years the FIA have been making technical rule changes at an alarming rate, the most controversial to me was FRIC. It was deemed legal, was challenged by Ferrari, still found to be legal and then the FIA banned it mid-season. They literally banned two teams suspension systems which their entire cars were built around. That's crappy. I'm OK with rules changes between seasons, like banning DAS for next year, that's fine, but all these mid-season changes if late just shows the FIA are scrambling a bit too hard to reign Mercedes in. I repeat, Ferrari never really had the mid-season changes to rules we've seen of late, and for the record Bridgestone providing different compounds for Schumacher was a breach of the rules, they were supposed to supply all Bridgestone competitors with the same compounds, but they didn't. However, it was what it was and it is what it is, but we shouldn't kid ourselves, like I did, that these mid-season rule changes are normal, they aren't.

Soooo... we have the first consequence of the engine mode rule changes. No one wants to run and waste their engine life. Not entirely sure that's what Liberty Media and the FIA wanted.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(04-09-2020, 10:16 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Soooo... we have the first consequence of the engine mode rule changes. No one wants to run and waste their engine life. Not entirely sure that's what Liberty Media and the FIA wanted.

Exactly right. At this point they'd be running with the motors turned very much down.

This first set of tyres get given back in P1, right? Why do Mercedes always seem to put Ham on the hardest tyre at this point in P1? You'd have thought it'd be awful until the track rubbers in a bit?

Tut tut, Max in the kitty litter.

Lewis fastest on the hardest tyres, as are the pink Mercedes. Not sure this engine mode rule is going to do what whoever wanted the changes wants.

It will be Morini, but apparently it's what Lewis wants...

Max in the wall.

Crash Verstappen. Just turned in (what a moment).

How did it happened?

(04-09-2020, 10:37 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Lewis fastest on the hardest tyres, as are the pink Mercedes. Not sure this engine mode rule is going to do what whoever wanted the changes wants.

It will be Morini, but apparently it's what Lewis wants...

Max in the wall.

Max wasn't far off and he's on hard too. But you are right, I don't see this rule change working so far. But it is only P1.

Dan R quick on hard in the Renault too.