2020 Italian GP

(06-09-2020, 06:32 PM)Beano Wrote:  ok so here we won’t agree, SC because Marshalls moving car at entrance to pit lane that’s a no brainer and clearly they thought the same. You can say they closed off pit lane but that didn’t stop Lewis or Giovinazzi going in.

No we certainly won't agree on that. Magnussen parked opposite the parabolica and right by a gap in the barriers. It was actually a long way away from the pit lane entrance and no risk of anyone crashing in that direction. The SC was called for effect on the race, not safety. It could easily have been dealt with under yellow flags. The car just needed to be pushed backwards.

(06-09-2020, 06:32 PM)Beano Wrote:  the satisfaction toda is Karma for Mercedes arrogance on Saturday.

Ha ha, I love that definition of Karma! Mercedes walk away with 17 points and the team who lobbied for the quali mode maps to be banned get zero points with one driver retiring with an "engine problem". I bet Mercedes will take that kind of Karma every day of the week Laughing

Not just that, their rivals (and the FIA) will look at Mercedes performance today and realise they've done the wrong thing. What's the bet engine mode switching will be reintroduced now that it appears to hurt RBR more than Mercedes. Stinks really, but that is F1.

It was great to see fresh faces on the podium today, I'm genuinely happy for all three of them. But for the world championships it made no difference at all, the best team extended their lead. In fact, the only team to score points.

(06-09-2020, 07:02 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Epic!  Big Grin

My driver didn't win but anyone who calls himself a F1 fan knows what a brilliant day F1 had today, like I said Epic.

It was fun to watch. But just pointing out that the fun was circumstantial. After the first two laps it would have been a shit (boring) race without the SC and penalty. Sorry, but it was looking dull before Magnussen parked up.

Good race today...Lewis was coasting it until he missed the warning lights...hes human after all...it made for a great finish and the youngsters on the prize steps....but Lewis still scored points....most important.....he never gave up.....fight till the end i say..always
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

It was great to see fresh faces on the podium today, I'm genuinely happy for all three of them. But for the world championships it made no difference at all, the best team extended their lead. In fact, the only team to score points

Indeed it was fantastic, and yes indeed they did well out of it but they got a win of sorts not THE win. No one expects them to lose anything this year in terms of WDC and WCC??

I doubt anyone can tell if the changes made In the regs will be as good for Mercedes as they were today. Time will tell I guess.

(06-09-2020, 07:16 PM)morini Wrote:  
(06-09-2020, 07:02 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Epic!  Big Grin

My driver didn't win but anyone who calls himself a F1 fan knows what a brilliant day F1 had today, like I said Epic.

It was fun to watch. But just pointing out that the fun was circumstantial. After the first two laps it would have been a shit (boring) race without the SC and penalty. Sorry, but it was looking dull before Magnussen parked up.

I agree with you about it could have been a "boring" race, the Magnussen incident, changed the race, for the better as it turned out imo.

The start & first few laps were brilliant, really good had us all shouting for the McLaren lads (& everyone else)

"looking dull before Magnussen parked up." 

Yes after the first few laps Lewis was gone & there was a bit of a train, I go back to the safety car (whether you/me agree with it or not) made the spectacle, a really enjoyable race.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

I asked the question in the chat - what is the point in having a gap in the barrier if it isnt to push the car through when some luckless driver stops there? I thought Magnussen did the right thing by stopping there for that very reason, then they decided to push it into the pit lane - why? I must admit, the way it was set up it looked like they had set up a marshalls tower in the same location which meant it would have been a tight squeeze but FFS!

(06-09-2020, 07:58 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  I asked the question in the chat - what is the point in having a gap in the barrier if it isnt to push the car through when some luckless driver stops there? I thought Magnussen did the right thing by stopping there for that very reason, then they decided to push it into the pit lane - why? I must admit, the way it was set up it looked like they had set up a marshalls tower in the same location which meant it would have been a tight squeeze but FFS!
I was asking myself that same question. Is it a Italian thing?

(06-09-2020, 08:01 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(06-09-2020, 07:58 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  I asked the question in the chat - what is the point in having a gap in the barrier if it isnt to push the car through when some luckless driver stops there? I thought Magnussen did the right thing by stopping there for that very reason, then they decided to push it into the pit lane - why? I must admit, the way it was set up it looked like they had set up a marshalls tower in the same location which meant it would have been a tight squeeze but FFS!
I was asking myself that same question. Is it a Italian thing?

The marshalls didn't want to move their picnic table.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

You can bet if any one of the Ferarri's were in the lead then that car would have been pushed to safety.....if they cant win on track ..they will off track...Thats the Italians for you....the only nation in WW 2 that had tanks with 9 gears...all in reverse.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

(06-09-2020, 08:27 PM)pennywise Wrote:  the only nation in WW 2 that had tanks with 9 gears...all in reverse.

I now have red wine all over my laptop screen. You twat Laughing
[+] 2 users Like morini's post