2020 Belgian GP

(27-08-2020, 04:11 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Forza is there any truth that Ferrari are in negotiations to use a Mercedes engine next year?

No, but Ferrari are moving their whole team to Brixworth so they can hire some decent engineers.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

So, the Belgian GP. Another win for Hamilton probably, but will it be Bottas or Verstappen that takes second place?
Christ, Bottas and Albon are almost the same with Albon being a bit worse.
And more depressing is that Ferrari is not even in the conversation. Red Bull and Ferrari really need to step up after all those years of Mercedes dominance.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

So Sunday's race looks like light rain throughout. So a Lewis win and maybe a mixed up grid behind him barring any calamities for car 44... hell, even if the race was dry it was hard to look past Lewis for the win here. New engine, new gearbox, and probably the best F1 driver we've seen in a dominant car and team operating at their respective peaks.

(28-08-2020, 09:49 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So Sunday's race looks like light rain throughout. So a Lewis win and maybe a mixed up grid behind him barring any calamities for car 44... hell, even if the race was dry it was hard to look past Lewis for the win here. New engine, new gearbox, and probably the best F1 driver we've seen in a dominant car and team operating at their respective peaks.

Mercedes definitely taking new engines then? Expected they would after 6 races.

I take it they have 3 of everything to do the 17 events?

[edit]
Karun just confirmed it on the p1 coverage. All Merc engined cars take new this weekend.

Jesus, wish they would do some running in FP1 so Croft can shut the f*ck up!

Teams reluctant to get out there.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Yeah, the track is super green. Plus the weekend is going to be wet and this is the only dry session supposedly so why put the mileage on the car.

(28-08-2020, 10:17 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah, the track is super green. Plus the weekend is going to be wet and this is the only dry session supposedly so why put the mileage on the car.

To shut Croft up? Laughing

I can't hear him...

Also, yeah it's FP1, but watching Max just ignore the white lines completely is just annoying. They'll all do it, but I wish they didn't.

(28-08-2020, 10:24 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I can't hear him...

Lucky man!

At least they have And Davidson on for this session to bring some impartial rationality. PDR on too, who is becoming "hit and miss". Used to be quite good to listen to but he's morphing into an opinionated fool lately.

Lewis has an issue.

Engine misfiring.