Poll: Who should Racing Point pick to partner Moneybags? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Perez
83.33%
83.33%
Vettel
0%
0%
Other
16.67%
16.67%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Perez or Vettel

That is a shame. Perez is a good driver and he did a lot of things for that team, like saving it.
Hope he finds another seat, just like Hulkenberg he deserves a seat more then some of the current drivers.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(09-09-2020, 08:31 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  That is a shame. Perez is a good driver and he did a lot of things for that team, like saving it.
Hope he finds another seat, just like Hulkenberg he deserves a seat more then some of the current drivers.

No plan B so he’s out I think he’ll go to FE?
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

(09-09-2020, 08:32 PM)Beano Wrote:  
(09-09-2020, 08:31 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  That is a shame. Perez is a good driver and he did a lot of things for that team, like saving it.

No plan B so he’s out I think he’ll go to FE?

I think he is orientating right now. Looks like he doesn't fancy Apha Romeo or Haas and it probably goes the same for Williams then, so what is left in F1? The four Red Bull cars, but I don't give him much of a change. Even if he is capable of bringing some nice sponsor money (what he does).

FE seems a logical step.
That seems about it.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

I think it is a stab in the back for Perez. I am not a big fan of his but I do not think he deserved to be treated like crap. It was obvious to all that his son was never going to be the one to go and I get that I totally do.

I am however glad Vettel is staying in Formula 1. A genuinely nice guy at least outside the car and maybe with the pressure off him he can rediscover some of the form that made him a 4 time WDC.

I do not see a drive that would suit him to be honest. Nearest thing I believe would be Haas as an American team (I do know he is Mexican) which may suit his fan base and Haas probably could do with some money from Perez sponsors. That said it would be a drive for drives sake I doubt they are going to be competitive next year.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(09-09-2020, 08:59 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I think it is a stab in the back for Perez. I am not a big fan of his but I do not think he deserved to be treated like crap. It was obvious to all that his son was never going to be the one to go and I get that I totally do. 

I am however glad Vettel is staying in Formula 1. A genuinely nice guy at least outside the car and maybe with the pressure off him he can rediscover some of the form that made him a 4 time WDC.

I do not see a drive that would suit him to be honest. Nearest thing I believe would be Haas as an American team (I do know he is Mexican) which may suit his fan base and Haas probably could do with some money from Perez sponsors. That said it would be a drive for drives sake I doubt they are going to be competitive next year.

Maybe Indy??

Indy is not even that bad of an idea.

Still, I rather see him end up at Haas, he is a better driver than both the current Haas guys.
And like Neil said; that team could use some good sponsor money (but also another engine than Ferrari).
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(09-09-2020, 09:51 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Indy is not even that bad of an idea.

Still, I rather see him end up at Haas, he is a better driver than both the current Haas guys.
And like Neil said; that team could use some good sponsor money (but also another engine than Ferrari).

Yeah he would be welcome at Haas I imagine? Please tell em Haas haven’t confirmed their line up as Romain and Kevin? I have a nagging feeling they did!!!!

(09-09-2020, 09:59 PM)Beano Wrote:  

Yeah he would be welcome at Haas I imagine? Please tell em Haas haven’t confirmed their line up as Romain and Kevin? I have a nagging feeling they did!!!!
Haas has not confirm any driver yet.

(09-09-2020, 10:10 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(09-09-2020, 09:59 PM)Beano Wrote:  

Haas has not confirm any driver yet.

Thank god

Vettel confirmed at Aston Martin

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...rgio-perez
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyB's post